After upgrade Phantom is hot

Reaction score
Hi everyone small concern I just did the most recent upgrade and after the upgrade I touched the phantom and it was really hot is that normal?????

Mine was like that too, no idea if its normal, next time I'm putting it under the AC. It also gets hot when transferring video off the gimbal.

Hi everyone small concern I just did the most recent upgrade and after the upgrade I touched the phantom and it was really hot is that normal?????

There are parts of the Phantom that get pretty hot... what part are you talking about?

I have noticed the motors are hot to the touch. Nobody else seems to have same problem. Emailed DJI, can't get thru on phone. No answer after 2 days

My motors are always hot after running approx. 115 to 120 degress F -- if they are too hot to touch, then that could become an issue. but so for no issues for me --- if I have sufficient battery I let them run at idle for a minute or two after landing and that help the cooling down process significantly.. If you have the time-- this is a good practice.

My batteries are finishing at 120 to 125 degrees F..

Reactions: YolevonALLin
I have noticed the motors are hot to the touch. Nobody else seems to have same problem. Emailed DJI, can't get thru on phone. No answer after 2 days

yeah motors are fairly hot to the touch after flights - I find it's easier to chat with DJI when they are online....

My gimble got very warn when I updated...
I found out that the prop wash does a lot of cooling on the gimbal and camera-- If the Ph is connected and the bench without props, it warms up rapidly, but putting on props and letting it idle on the ground cools the camera and gimbal down significantly.. Airflow is obviously very important design consideration on especially on hot days in the direct sunlight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31