Advice on which drone to start off with

Reaction score
Hi;

I'm about to buy a drone with a budget of up to 1500 AUD

I am looking at a refurbished Phantom 3 or 4, or a Mavic or a Spark to start off.

I haven't flown R/C for some time and would like some opinions as to which model of DJI drones to
start off with.

Cheers

I haven't flown R/C for some time and would like some opinions as to which model of DJI drones to start off with.
Whichever you get, it will be easy to fly and easy to learn on.
Pretty well any of DJI's modern drones are great machines (the ones using Lightbridge or Occusynch)
They are a huge improvement on the older tech that used wifi.

$1500 will get you a phantom 4 advanced from DWI (delivered to your door with local in house warranty). If you have flown any sort of RC you will be amazed how easy the phantoms are to control. It’s ridiculously easy. Anyone can do it with no skill or prior experience. The trick is familiarisation with the features and how to deal with unexpected issues.

Reactions: DocDiggler
Yeah buy inexpensive first to get use to it. I started with a $150 unit and practiced getting use to controllers and flying. Crashed many times but drone was built for it (sort of). Took about a month before I said I was ready. So glad I did that. I have only had one mishap with my P3P and that was caused by the weather.

I bought a $100 camera drone and that's what sold me. Bought a refurbished p3s from dji ( brand new with same warranty) for $314. This thing is so easy to fly and at $300, when things get a bit hairy, it's not quite as nerve racking as if I had a $1000+ drone. If I lose $300, it would suck but I would have been a wreck if I had a 4 or Mavic.
With that being said, I'm now looking at getting a Mavic as I want some more distance etc...

Mike

I have a P4P, MAVIC PRO and a spark. My advice for a newbie right now would be to get a Spark. Because of its size I end up using it all over the place. It also has a majority of the features of the other but in a small unit. It also causes much less attention from other people. Get the fly more combo and OTG cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl