Advice needed Shooting stills of empty residential lots

wish to know best way taking stills of empty lots, and how to find boundary lines
The best way is the way that displays the land the way you or your client want to show it.
It might be a top-down plan view like a map:
i-BS9NSds-X3.jpg

Or it could be an oblique view:
i-LNHRxmQ-X3.jpg

Metar 4 thanks, How did you obtain boundary line. I asked client what they wanted and she seemed unsure so I am thinking Straight down and from two sides. Checked your link Nice pics

Be very careful with "Boundary Lines". Some states (SC and NC for sure) consider Boundary Lines as part of a "Professionally Licensed Package" (aka survey work). If the client is going to use them publicly you may want to consult your state's Professional Licensing Regulations.

A fellow sUAS operator opened up Pandora's Box in South Carolina when someone saw his work with "estimated" boundary lines and reported him to the state. He was finally cleared (IIRC it took 2 years to get the resolution) but not after having to reword his contracts, his proposals, and his website verbiage.

Reactions: Z06Aggie
Be very careful with "Boundary Lines". Some states (SC and NC for sure) consider Boundary Lines as part of a "Professionally Licensed Package" (aka survey work). If the client is going to use them publicly you may want to consult your state's Professional Licensing Regulations.

A fellow sUAS operator opened up Pandora's Box in South Carolina when someone saw his work with "estimated" boundary lines and reported him to the state. He was finally cleared (IIRC it took 2 years to get the resolution) but not after having to reword his contracts, his proposals, and his website verbiage.

Thanks exactly the info I needed actually makes this shoot so much easier much appreciated

Just to add that if you are a professional (surveyor, engineer, architect, etc.), property line data is often available from the locality (city, county, parish) that is responsible for the data.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic