Adventures Through my Lens (Film)

Reaction score

Filmed in Arizona, Utah, and Colorado. I had such a great time shooting this film. I tried some new camera techniques and used Active Track for the first time on my drone which worked remarkably well. Perfect for situations when I am the camera operator filming myself. In making this film I went through 2 rental cars, 3 brand new tires, and too many flats to remember.

Filmed in 4k and down-sampled to 1080p. Used FilmConvert and AAV Color Lab to create a custom Orange and Teal LUT to give it a "filmic" look.
Edited in Sony Vegas Pro, After Effects and Photoshop.

Recording Equipment:
- Panasonic GH4 (Picture Profile Cinelike D, Contrast -3, Sharpness -5, NR 0, Saturation -2, Hue 0, i.Dynamic Off,
Master Pedestal Level +5, Luminance Level 0-255)
- Panasonic LX100 (Picture Profile Standard, Contrast -5, Sharpness -5, NR -5, Saturation -5)
(Shadows +2, Highlight -2)
- GoPro Hero 5 Black (Protune)
- Phantom 4 Professional Plus (Using Litchi Mission Software)
- Rode Video Mic Pro

Equipment:
- SLR Magic Anamorphic Adapter
- Manfrotto BeFree Tripod w/Video Fluid Head
- Tiffen Variable ND Filter
- Polar Pro Cinema Series ND Filter
- Zhiyun Crane
- Panasonic Lumix HD 12-35 Lens
- Panasonic Lumix HD 35-100 Lens
- Panasonic Lumix HD 45-175 Telephoto Lens
- Camkix GoPro Pole
- Zoom H1

Song:
Welshly Arms - Hold on I'm Coming

Very cool footage, great job! I love seeing great drone footage of the Mountain West. Hope i get that good someday!

Very cool footage, great job! I love seeing great drone footage of the Mountain West. Hope i get that good someday!

Thanks so much, really nice! I would like to take credit for all the drone shots but many times I just used Active Track and the drone did an unbelievable job tracking me and getting great shots. First time I have tried it and was impressed with the results I got.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20