Adobe Premier media cache

4wd

Reaction score
I know this software is used by a few on here - just keep an eye on the folder it stores these, as there's no way to restrict the size of it other than manually cleaning or deleting them.
It is perfectly OK to delete files saved for old projects, but it may take longer to find them again if you re-open the project.
My main editing PC was mysteriously filling the C drive which is a modest size SSD.
I discovered no less than 39GB being used as a cache by adobe.

You can access info on it from edit > Preferences > Media.

Worth setting the cache to be on a secondary drive, not your SSD. I run 3 drives, plus a NAS for offline project storage.

Set up the programme on SSD - as usual, store your videos on one drive and set the cache on the 3rd. This will give optimum performance.

If you store the whole project file - video clips and project loader in one directory, it is easy to offline or move the project, as you just move the whole directory to an external drive. To re-load, just copy or move it back :)

Also with Premiere, ensure your sequence settings match your target output, as otherwise, it can transcode to the sequence and then to the desired output. I know it sounds like common sense, but it is easy just to select the settings you used last time and then wonder why the render is taking forever and the quality is lacking!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4