Adjusting Pitch in SimpleBGCGUI software

Reaction score
I have a cheap chinese gimbal mounted to my phantom 1, and I don't have it wired to the FC.. Right now by default I guess the gimbal is just facing the camera straight out... Is there any way I can adjust the pitch somehow in the software so the camera is aiming down? Or is the pitch adjustment strictly for when you're able to remotely control it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151361442269?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

That's what I bought.

You should be able to adjust your ( CENTER ) position from ( 0 ) to most likely 250 ( not -250 ). Should change your pitch to below center about 30 degrees down. I have a P2v with a China gimbal, and I change mine there ( simpleBGC ) but mine IS controlled by a dial wheel. Also make sure MAXIMUM tilt is greater than CENTER number or it won't work.
You should not have to mess with MINIMUM at all.

Let us know what you find, I'll go on in a bit, and try to give you a step by step on it.

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Thanks for the quick reply!

I checked out all the tabs and didn't really see a center option, which tab would it be under?

Also, I see you're from Sarasota.

I live in St. Augustine. Running out of ideas of things to film... got way too many intracoastal shots now.

Lol,
I know what you mean! I've got plenty of beach shots, I mainly do family gatherings now, as we get together every weekend, camping, rafting, fishing, jet skiing, racetrack, beach, backyard b ball games! Lol.
I have been using mine for work, as I build pools, and take aerial footage of our bigger jobs. I'm on kid duty right now, for about an hour! But I will go on later ( once my wife gets here ).lol
I'll hop onto simpleBGC and see how I did mine, I can't remember, I can also do mine under PC assistant, but mine is a P2v, so it's different than you! Give me a bit, and I'd be happy to help, gotta go, it is too **** quiet out there! Lol

J Dot

Hello,
I just looked at simple BGC , I use 2_2b. You are correct no CENTER, try this, make max 250, and minimum 249 ( try 250, but not sure it will work with same number, but it might, see if that works?

J Dot

RC settings tab
Under
RC control
Pitch ( min angle ) pitch ( max angle )

Take notes of your current settings, in case it does not work, you can go back!

J Dot

On the gimbal board there is a little button. See picture. In simplebgc there is a tab where you can assign the button to manually set pitch angel. After writing that to the board you can press the button the gimbal will go limp. At this time you hold the gimbal/camera at the angel you want and also hold the horizon or else the camera will be slanted.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1434413908.397221.jpg

You have to be fast cause it will reactivate within seconds and your done

I wish I knew what BGC means... :confused:

Well crap. :) Thanks J Dot... duh.

Ok, since we're here, what the heck does GUI stand for? :confused:
I'm going to start drinking blueberry juice more often, if I can remember to.

I think it's graphic user interface..? Not sure.

But I got it all worked out with the button method! Thanks a lot guys!

I just took a lot of film with the camera aiming down around my neighborhood...and a huge vulture started circling the drone aggressively. I wish I hadn't changed it! But hopefully I got a few seconds film right above the vulture.

For a 60$ gimbal this thing works really well. I just need to work on some vibration issues now.

I think it's graphic user interface..? Not sure.

But I got it all worked out with the button method! Thanks a lot guys!

I just took a lot of film with the camera aiming down around my neighborhood...and a huge vulture started circling the drone aggressively. I wish I hadn't changed it! But hopefully I got a few seconds film right above the vulture.

For a 60$ gimbal this thing works really well. I just need to work on some vibration issues now.

I look forward to seeing the bird below your bird.

Tiny vibrations may be imbalance of the load the gimbal is carrying. Maybe you need something to prevent the camera from shifting on the gimbal. A little bit of inner tube is what I use, cut to fit so that it doesn't tilt the camera. Look at exactly where the camera is pictured in the ad from where you purchased the gimbal, if there is one. Maybe they placed it where it should be, maybe not.

Larger vibrations could be a prop imbalance which is now amplified due to the increased weight.

Thanks for the Graphic User Interface. Makes sense.

Wow, I just looked at the ad and realized I've had the camera on wrong the entire time. I've had it resting on the little foam piece. No wonder it's looked so off center.

I like Pacifico, really cold. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues