Accidentally fully discharged my LiPO battery- what now?

Reaction score
I was doing a calibration using a nearly discharged Phantom LiPO battery, and accidentally left it connected to the point where it fully discharged.

Now I can't seem to get it to charge- the green light on the BC 20-4 balance charger blinks, but doesn't go to the normal red light showing it is charging.

Any idea of what I can do, or did I kill the battery and it is unsalvageable.

FrankB said:
I was doing a calibration using a nearly discharged Phantom LiPO battery, and accidentally left it connected to the point where it fully discharged.

Now I can't seem to get it to charge- the green light on the BC 20-4 balance charger blinks, but doesn't go to the normal red light showing it is charging.

Any idea of what I can do, or did I kill the battery and it is unsalvageable.

If you have a good charger you can recover it. I will take my lipos and charge them a minute at a time on nickel, then try lipo again .. It will lift the voltage high enough to take a charge. Remember though 1 MINUTE AT A TIME. So you dont have a really cool lipo fire. (Which is cool to see)

I would just get a new battery. Good news is that you can get one for less than $20. I've had good luck with the turnigy nano tech.

Problem solved!

After a day where the dead battery wouldn't charge, it suddenly woke up again and is working fine! Can't figure it out- I left it plugged into the Phantom all night after doing a calibration and it totally ran out of juice and seemed to be dead.

But two days later, I plugged it into the charger and much to my surprise, the red charging light came on, and it eventually acquired a full charge. Don't know if the warm temperatures had an effect, or if there was a residual charge in one cell that was then re-distributed to the other cells; no idea. Bottom Line: it works fine again!

What you can do next time is jump it with another battery. My 1000mah battery went out because i left them plugged into my goggles all day. I got cable from the OEM charger while plugged into my battery and quickly tapped the plug a couple times and voila, the dead battery was good as new.

Ive found that if you have two phantom batteries one fully charged and another with this issue, using any cable connect both the red with red cables and same thing for the black to provide the troubled battery with some charge for 15 seconds and once you try again, it will charge as expected. Just worked for me:) :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4