? about Auto Channel

Reaction score
When flying with Auto Channel will the channel change on the fly it interference is encountered? Thanks

You're welcome! Just to be clear - it switches across the same frequency band, 2.4 or 5.8. It won't switch between 2.4 and 5.8 automatically.

So far as I've read, the little momentary screen glitches is when it's changing channels in auto. I find that if you're always flying around 2 or 3 thousand feet distance, custom channel at 6mps bit rate is solid. I've tried 5.8 exactly once on my first p4p flight and I had a disconnect at close range. Being perfectly fine with 2.4 for years with my P3, I stick with it for the p4p and have no troubles. Ymmv.

So far as I've read, the little momentary screen glitches is when it's changing channels in auto. I find that if you're always flying around 2 or 3 thousand feet distance, custom channel at 6mps bit rate is solid. I've tried 5.8 exactly once on my first p4p flight and I had a disconnect at close range. Being perfectly fine with 2.4 for years with my P3, I stick with it for the p4p and have no troubles. Ymmv.

I went 2.5 miles (5 miles) round trip on Auto 5.8. I tried 2.4 and only get a mile before losing connection. This is on a 100 foot hill overlooking an urban area with houses, markets and stores. Too many 2.4 interferences.

I went 2.5 miles (5 miles) round trip on Auto 5.8. I tried 2.4 and only get a mile before losing connection. This is on a 100 foot hill overlooking an urban area with houses, markets and stores. Too many 2.4 interferences.
Hi There !!! Just to say I have had similar experiences using 5.8 vs 2.4. Same type of neighborhood as you. I am waiting anxiously for the dual band amplifier for the Raptor so I can fly out over the ocean for some serious flights. Definitely will need to strap on an extra battery or two. Take Care... Cheers !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimCJWolfe