Abergeldie Castle Storm Frank Damage

Reaction score
First Post on here......I took some footage in Scotland of the River Dee and Abergledie Castle which was nearly washed away by the river in the recent Storm Frank.

Hi Redkite

Wow awesome power of the flood water, what on earth is keeping the weight of that castle from collapsing the river bank, glad I don't live there.
What are you filming with, ? the footage is a wee bit jerky, never the less great shoot so soon after the event.
Waylander

Very cool! Irish Castle don't fall down. Oh wait this is a scott castle? It's screwed!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi Redkite

Wow awesome power of the flood water, what on earth is keeping the weight of that castle from collapsing the river bank, glad I don't live there.
What are you filming with, ? the footage is a wee bit jerky, never the less great shoot so soon after the event.
Waylander

Thanks Waylander,
It was actually my first flight and the original unedited footage so that the newspapers could use it.
Since then most of my footage is edited to remove any camera adjustments and produce a good quality film.
The drone is a Phantom 3 standard. I've also since upgraded to the Pro version with Lightbridge so I find the drone flies much smoother that the standard unit.
If you had time to view it up to the 4 min mark you will see that the main road was washed away as well. There really wasn't much holding up the castle but since then the bank of the river has been shored up with rock to stabilize the castle.

If interested have a look at the updated footage with the rock piling.
Cheers
Andy

Reactions: nole1988
Thanks Waylander,
It was actually my first flight and the original unedited footage so that the newspapers could use it.
Since then most of my footage is edited to remove any camera adjustments and produce a good quality film.
The drone is a Phantom 3 standard. I've also since upgraded to the Pro version with Lightbridge so I find the drone flies much smoother that the standard unit.
If you had time to view it up to the 4 min mark you will see that the main road was washed away as well. There really wasn't much holding up the castle but since then the bank of the river has been shored up with rock to stabilize the castle.

If interested have a look at the updated footage with the rock piling.
Cheers
Andy

Hi Redkite
Great follow up story line, a few hundred tons of rock to shore up the river bank to protect the castle, must have cost someone a packet, must say though, much better video quality from the P3P.
Do you work in construction or civil engineering to have access to the site.
Await with great interest for any follow up story, well done
Waylander

Reactions: nole1988

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20