A question regarding Active Track and frame rate...

Reaction score
Hi all,

I always shoot video in manual so I can have full creative control.

I've noticed, however, that my Phantom 4 Pro always wants to switch to auto and 30fps while shooting in Active Track mode.

I only ever shoot at 24fps or 60fps, so why is the Phantom switching my settings to 30fps and other auto settings?

Note: This only happens in Active Track mode.

Thank you

Hi all,

I always shoot video in manual so I can have full creative control.

I've noticed, however, that my Phantom 4 Pro always wants to switch to auto and 30fps while shooting in Active Track mode.

I only ever shoot at 24fps or 60fps, so why is the Phantom switching my settings to 30fps and other auto settings?

Note: This only happens in Active Track mode.

Thank you
Active track analyzes the live video for the tracking and is probably only calibrated for that mode.

Will active track still track if I set the transmitter down? I was looking to buy a phantom 4 to track my rc truck can i activate tracking on my rc truck then set transmitter down on the drone and start driving my rc truck and have drone track the truck while i race. if it's not to far away? Thanks guys

Will active track still track if I set the transmitter down? I was looking to buy a phantom 4 to track my rc truck can i activate tracking on my rc truck then set transmitter down on the drone and start driving my rc truck and have drone track the truck while i race. if it's not to far away? Thanks guys
For active track the Mavic 2 (Zoom or Pro) is a much better option. Is has sensors in all directions which is very helpful especially for low flying. Have a look at iPhonedo’s excellent YouTube review for a demonstration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1