a question Naza mode vs phantom mode

Reaction score
I need some clarification on terms I think. When people say they are in phantom mode does this mean they left the P2 at defaults in the assistant software and have not gone into Naza assistant to enable the switches for IOC?

I'm not clear if flying in phantom mode means they are flying in GPS mode with IOC off or it means they never went into NAZA to configure the switches.

For me i went into NAZA and configured my IOC and switches but I mostly will be flying with GPS, IOC off and some ATT. Phantom mode or?

Thanks for answering a newbie question :)

knuckles said:
I need some clarification on terms I think. When people say they are in phantom mode does this mean they left the P2 at defaults in the assistant software and have not gone into Naza assistant to enable the switches for IOC?

Yes, that's exactly what it means.

For me i went into NAZA and configured my IOC and switches but I mostly will be flying with GPS, IOC off and some ATT. Phantom mode or?

You are in Naza mode, regardless of what switch positions you select.

The reason that Phantom mode is safer is that you're then independent of the settings of the S1 and S2 switches on the transmitter. In Naza mode, you need to get into the habit of checking the switch positions prior to every flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94