A near loss of my Inspire 1, advice requested from this forums great members

The log doesn't indicate the cause of the problem, but there was definitely some kind of issue with your compass (and possibly GPS) on the way out. Perhaps the compass calibration was bad before you took off. It seems that was the issue since a compass calibration fixed the problem.
I've looked at this log and I don't see any indication of a compass problem. What are you seeing that indicates a compass problem?

I got a banner warning indicating compass error
This happened to me. During a flight last January I saw a compass error banner. But, replaying the flight in the Go App I didn't see anything. However, with the newest version of the Go App when the flight is replayed I get a grayed out screen during the incident with a label "No GPS Signal". What happens when you replay your flight? The point being that both the original message and the replay message are suspect.

My log shows a YAW_ERROR (actually, the real label is YAW_ERROR_LARGE) during this interval. Your log shows this as well and I'm assuming that it occurs during your incident. YAW_ERROR is not a compass error. YAW_ERROR is but one value that the nonGPSCause field can have. The other values are SPEED_ERROR_LARGE and COMPASS_ERROR_LARGE. Neither of these two are seen in your log. I suspect that the Go App "dumbs it down" and just displays compass error rather than being more specific and displaying either yaw error or speed error when appropriate.

I've been trying to figure out the meaning of the meaning of the nonGPSCause field for some time. I have about 100 .DAT files with these types of errors. It helps to to have the pilot's description; that's why I'm interested in getting your .DAT.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20