A little fun in and around the canyons in Utah

Reaction score
Here's some quick cuts of aerial footage on a road trip up Interstate 15 California through Utah.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
One of the best drone vids I've seen yet! very high production.

I went that route a few months ago and really wanted to get some footage of the Ivanpah Solar Collector. I was a worried 1) that someone would complaint an 2) of the high heat generator. I was going to do as you did, stay well away from the collectors. However, when I drove through the wind was blowing about 30mph. It is still on my bucket list.

Reactions: 2nd2non
One of the best drone vids I've seen yet! very high production.

I went that route a few months ago and really wanted to get some footage of the Ivanpah Solar Collector. I was a worried 1) that someone would complaint an 2) of the high heat generator. I was going to do as you did, stay well away from the collectors. However, when I drove through the wind was blowing about 30mph. It is still on my bucket list.
Thanks for the comments. Check out my other vids on my channel.
Wind is always high through that valley where Ivanpah is located. I had to adjust my departure day to accommodate. Was fortunately able to fly when wind was only around 10mph. The next day it was back up to 20-30 plus gusts.

Great job. Excellent camera work. You have obviously done this before. Good example for beginners here.
Everything I've learned has come from this forum! So happy to share and answer questions of beginners. We all start out as Noobs [emoji6]

Great video!! Wish you would have spent more time at that solar array! Love the red rock. It really pops against the blue sky. Did you have a CPL filter?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Great video!! Wish you would have spent more time at that solar array! Love the red rock. It really pops against the blue sky. Did you have a CPL filter?

I may have more clips from solar farm on the full length cut. I used the Polar Pro cinema series ND16/Pol filters for most cuts. Works well if the angle vs sun is correct otherwise it can make sky color uneven. Unfortunately you can't see this easily when shooting in D-Log, -3contrast.

great video. I lived in Utah..figured there would be plenty of good stuff to shoot
Yes, there are soooo many beautiful sights to film in Utah. I merely touched a small area

Here is the full length feature cut
Thanks @PolarPro and @autoflightlogic for your great products

Here's some quick cuts of aerial footage on a road trip up Interstate 15 California through Utah.

Absolutely beautiful bro! I have lots of aircrafts and really only use them to fly distance, I usually don't even record my flights so I can save every ounce of power for the distance.
But that was inspiring and I may just take one of them out for some quick videos instead of beating them up for mileage. Thank you

Reactions: 2nd2non
We were just up there a few weeks ago and got some video as well - I KNEW I should have stopped at the solar array but was worried that if I flew the drone too close it would melt!

We were just up there a few weeks ago and got some video as well - I KNEW I should have stopped at the solar array but was worried that if I flew the drone too close it would melt!

Yes, but I went end of winter. Spring/summer is too hot and windy. I wouldn't risk it either.
Nice vid- you definitely went deeper into Utah than I did. Loving the spring vibrancy. Give it a month and everything green will be brown [emoji6]

108F ouch!! I wonder if there is a point where the quad would just shut down

I didnt have any problems and from what I've read, usually the phone or tablet will shut down before the quad.. I spend a lot of time at Salton Sea (I was the first person to ever walk around it's shoreline) and in summer it can hit 120°F.. I havn't had the quad there on the SUPER hot days, but had it up a few times in 105F-110F with no problems yet.

@NotARubicon...

Do you have a YouTube channel? If so, I'd totally sub you. Great video!! [emoji108]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers