A Interesting read !

Good read and thanks for the link MotorCycle-Man. It sounds to me like the ULC, like many others who oppose the use of drones are simply uneducated and afraid of what they don't know. Instead of learning about them they try to abolish them. Makes my yearly fees to the AMA all the more worth while to help combat the ignorance.

Another group chasing their dreams.
The way I rationalize this kind of bs is this. I was looking for a new hobby when I found this one. If it goes away, my sport bike is waiting to get its seat warmed up.

Another group chasing their dreams.
The way I rationalize this kind of bs is this. I was looking for a new hobby when I found this one. If it goes away, my sport bike is waiting to get its seat warmed up.
How much are those? I might join you.

I'm trying to understand the actual reason(s) this was even proposed to begin with. Is it privacy concerns? Do people really believe drone pilots are a bunch of peeping toms? This all seems ridiculous to me. This proposed restriction seems to already be in place in Canada as we are legally required to be at least 250ft away from any person, vehicle, building. Altho I'm not sure who has the burden of proof here. This is the first proposal that I've seen that specifically states altitude though. Canada's rules say 250ft but they don't clarify if thats vertically or horizontally or a combination of both. Assuming its both then that would mean i have a legal flying altitude of between 250 and 300 ft (our max allowable height). These rules are stupid.

Given the unfounded hysteria about drones, I feel the best practice for drone pilots is to always ask before flying over, or launching from, any private or public property in an urban or suburban environment. Given the trend, my inclination is to keep my drone flying to areas with very low population density ... far out in the country. Too bad and very unfortunate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr