A Great Write Up On How To Fly Over A NFL Stadium With a Game In Progress, LEGALLY!

That’s a really cool shot, one any drone pilot would love to get, and apparently CAN get...if you don’t mind dealing with security guards, NFL officials, cops, and yes, even the FBI.
I’ve been harassed plenty by people, security guards, and cops just trying to get legal, legitimate jobs done, can’t imagine going through all of that!
Good on him for being prepared and keeping his cool.
I had to take a minute and reply to your post. I was laughing at your description of being "harassed by plenty of people......". I try to explain to my friends how much I get harassed, and they think I am making it up. So funny! it got so bad with me....that I now have a GoPro attached to the front of my controller. Once folks see the camera, they tend to back off a bit - but not always. Thanks for sharing! TOM

Reactions: MTO
I had to take a minute and reply to your post. I was laughing at your description of being "harassed by plenty of people......". I try to explain to my friends how much I get harassed, and they think I am making it up. So funny! it got so bad with me....that I now have a GoPro attached to the front of my controller. Once folks see the camera, they tend to back off a bit - but not always. Thanks for sharing! TOM
Having a camera is cool. I have one attached to my bicycle seat post but it isn't on.

Great article, Vic! I had an entire chair, but I only needed the edge!...<;^)

For what it's worth, unless I really have to, and have full permission, I never launch from private property. I always find a public street, put on the dork vest and launch from there. People can say what they want, but they can never kick you off public property or force you to land or make you remove your battery or ask for ID. All they can do is call the cops, who will at least RESPECT your paper work, even if they don't fully understand it.

View attachment 113994

I'm always friendly and cooperative with citizens up to the point they start barking orders. And if they want to call the cops, I offer to make the call for them.

In your situation, I would've launched from W. 16th avenue, which was literally 400' from your chosen launch point.

View attachment 113995

From there you could've told those melon heads to take a hike or call the cops. Honestly, they probably wouldn't have even approached you had you launched from W 16th Ave. Just food for thought.

Best of luck to you.

D
Yeah for this shoot I ended up launching from a sidewalk after being told no when I asked at privately run parking lots around Mile High. We chose that for three reasons. First, it was the angle I wanted. Second, if security wanted to find us, I wanted to make it easy for them. And third, most importantly, I wanted to have a very good idea of if I was going to be flying over anyone. And the area you propose is now a construction site, and the sidewalks are more narrow. Also, if I had to ditch, the parking lot next to where I launched from is a good area.

Thanks for the response.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20