9" props

Reaction score
Has anyone flown 9" Carbon props? Did you see much improvement in performance and lift? How was flight time effected?

Thanks

I sometimes fly with Graupner 9" props. They aren't carbon but they are very stiff like carbon.

Are you trying to lift a particularly heavy Phantom? If you're stock then the stock DJI props are fine.

Right now I am stock with a Gopro but i am planning for the future. I want to go FPV and install a gimbal and maybe a 2 battery mod. so I'm stock but not for long. :D

If you go to a dual battery setup go to GWS 9x5 tri-blades. They are great.

Just took my 9x4 zingger wooden props out in the wind and WOW! Little guy got tossed around bad. Note to self smaller props on windy days.

Mike1390 said:
Just took my 9x4 zingger wooden props out in the wind and WOW! Little guy got tossed around bad. Note to self smaller props on windy days.

You may want to try adjust gains when using stiffer larger props, theses should still be ok in the wind but most likely would need higher gain settings. But to setup gains its best to do it when its not windy first.

martcerv said:
Mike1390 said:

You may want to try adjust gains when using stiffer larger props, theses should still be ok in the wind but most likely would need higher gain settings. But to setup gains its best to do it when its not windy first.

How do you adjust the gain (I'm a newbie)?

sundance2013 said:
martcerv said:
Mike1390 said:

How do you adjust the gain (I'm a newbie)?

GAIN setting facts:

In the Assistant, GAIN tab in Basic section:
The top row = Basic Gain all 4 aspects (pitch, roll, yaw & vertical) can be set. These setting affect how the auto-level responds, the higher the number, the FASTER reaction of the response will be.

The bottom row = Attitude gain with only 2 possible settings (pitch & roll). These affect how the Phantom responds to your STICK command, the higher the number, the faster pitch and roll will be.

To find the proper settings can be time consuming because there are so many factors involved (weight, wind, temperature, altitude, etc), so you may want to utilize the 7th channel on the back of the TX, by adding on the control lever below (or similar) so that you can adjust the setting at the field.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1082710/ ... terialId=6

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl