60mb/s write vs 90mb/s write

Reaction score
Looking at picking up either the sandisk extreme (60 mb/s) or the sandisk extreme PRO (90 mb/s) for their write speeds for the P4P. Is 90 necessary for filming 4k 30fps h265? Or 4k 60fps / 1080p 120fps? Or is 60 mb/s enough power for the P4P's camera?

Looking at picking up either the sandisk extreme (60 mb/s) or the sandisk extreme PRO (90 mb/s) for their write speeds for the P4P. Is 90 necessary for filming 4k 30fps h265? Or 4k 60fps / 1080p 120fps? Or is 60 mb/s enough power for the P4P's camera?
I use the Sandisk Extreme Plus and I'm able to record 4K 60FPS. I can try some other modes if you'd like, let me know.

FYI Extreme PRO is 100MB/sec. The Plus writes at 90. I wouldn't go with the Extreme 60. I think the Plus is the best bang for buck.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that the maximum write speed of the P4P is 100Mb/sec, small "b" mean bits. That is equivalent to 12.5MB/sec, big "B" means bytes (8 bits). So any card that can write 12.5 MB/sec is sufficient for the P4P.

Something to look at is the Read speed as that will affect the time to copy off the data, but those are usually quite high anyway (although some are really high).

Just sayin'

I just got this one and p4p says sd card error. Won't format it. Did a quick exfat format on my PC and same result. Trying a full format on PC now.

SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC UHS-3 Card with Adapter (SDSQXVF-064G-GN6MA)

Read speeds of up to 90MB/s; write speeds of up to 60MB/s

I just got this one and p4p says sd card error. Won't format it. Did a quick exfat format on my PC and same result. Trying a full format on PC now.

SanDisk Extreme 64GB microSDXC UHS-3 Card with Adapter (SDSQXVF-064G-GN6MA)
That is the exact card I am using in my P4P and I have had no problems at all.

Reactions: Moonfox
Keep in mind that the maximum write speed of the P4P is 100Mb/sec, small "b" mean bits. That is equivalent to 12.5MB/sec, big "B" means bytes (8 bits). So any card that can write 12.5 MB/sec is sufficient for the P4P.

Something to look at is the Read speed as that will affect the time to copy off the data, but those are usually quite high anyway (although some are really high).

Just sayin'
Yep! I also have an Ultra Plus for another camera that works fine in the P4P. Haven't tried 4K 60 on it, but no reason it shouldn't work.

I had the same problem with the same card. Had to put it in my Mac, format as ExFat and then format once again in P4P. Worked perfectly afterwards

Just sayin'
Indeed. So the sandisk extreme at 60 MBs is more than enough.

Yep! I'd still get the Plus though, reads faster and is on sale for the same price as the Extreme in several places. The Pro you originally mentioned (100MB/s write) is super expensive AND massive overkill. The read speeds are insane though.

Yep! I'd still get the Plus though, reads faster and is on sale for the same price as the Extreme in several places. The Pro you originally mentioned (100MB/s write) is super expensive AND massive overkill. The read speeds are insane though.
Amazon and Best Buy still have the 128 at 79.99. I went with the 128 Extreme Plus during black Friday for an insane 49.99 and had another 10 dollars off in Best Buy points! 79.99 is still a good deal though.

So I did the long format on the sandisk extreme 64.

When re-inserted, app said "SD card initializing" for about 10 seconds and then back to sd card error.

A few people are reporting issues with the Extreme, so that may be another factor for you to look at the Extreme Plus (not Pro). I can confirm that the Plus works flawlessly.

Required specs from the DJI site:
Micro SD, Max Capacity: 128GB.
Write speed ≥15MB/s, class 10 or UHS-1 rating required

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94