60fps available in latest Update? Confused... Help!

I'm curious too. My impression is that it's only for IOS users.

I'm running android on my phone and tablet and haven't seen the 60fps option. I've made sure NTSC was enabled and am running the latest version of DJI GO.

So they have effectively made the Standard the same video quality as the Advanced... nice.
Now if only they would give it the range, Lightbridge and an HDMI, it would be great! But I guess if they did that, it would also be the advanced, minus the extra gps.

I fly with an Ipad Air, and my Droid Turbo.

If you set the camera to 1080P 60FPS on the ipad first, and then use the android device it stays in 60FPS. It even says it is in 60FPS....but it isn't an option to select, can only select out of it to the lower frame rates.. I checked the videos i made today using the android device and they are in 60FPS.

So if you have an android device, and a friend with iOS, you can use the iOS to put yours into 1080P 60FPS it appears....

I cannot find any longer the DJI go app in the play store....it's just my issue or not????

Try to download it from the play store website, it tells me it's no longer compatible with my ASUS 7"tablet........ possibile?????

Have anyone you recorded any video in 1080p/60fps mode yet? If so, what video bit rate are these video now?

Yes, i have. I believe its standard 40k bit rate. And honestly, i hated it. I have iOS iPhone 6, i was able to set my video to 1080 60fps, and the quality is really really sheetty, IMO..
Guys, dont even sweat it if you can't get the 60fps, you are not missing anything.
2.7K at 30fps is 100 times better quality, very very clear. With 1080 / 60fps, yes it was smooth, but kinda grainy once you get over 100 feet. i was surprised how bad it was..
Maybe if you watch footage on a small screen, like YouTube for example, then it looks good, but if you watch it on a larger screen, then not so much.... ( i watch my flight videos on my 55" tv, and 2.7K looks amazing!!!). I usually first convert the 2.7K original video to 1920x1080 30fps (because my TV cant play 2.7K resolution) , keep original bit rate, 2x encode pass, and the quality is superb!

What is the process of converting the 2.7k original video to 1080 / 30fps then 2x encode pass?

I noticed that too! I'm glad I'm not the only one, 1080 at 60fps looks shitty.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think I'm going to stick with 1080 30FPS

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What is the process of converting the 2.7k original video to 1080 / 30fps then 2x encode pass?
I use this program called Any Video Converter Ultimate, but you can use any video file converting software of your choice.
But this one is my favorite. It can join multiple files into one, because sometimes drone video gets split into 2-3 files. And it can download full videos from YouTube!
All you gotta do is open original video file, pick format (.mp4 or .mov), video size (1920 x 1080), quality (high) , encode pass (2), and that's it.
It can also change frame rate, but i keep it at 30fps because my TV doesnt play 60fps for some reason, then copy completed file to USB drive, plug into my TV and done!
Great quality super clear! .. Its my 2nd week with my new Phantom 3, i know it got issues (like range, firmware etc), but the video quality is really amazing, especially when watching on big screen.

Can you take a few pans of a wooded area adjacent to grass and see how the camera does.

I an trying to figure out if my camera is a lemon. I have tried most all settings.

The best picture I can get is in auto for any settings that offer it. 2.7k 30 vivid.

My main problem is the blotching during pans of wooded areas. And if I move the drone fast it leaves trails in the video. Barely but I can see it. My tv is a new model that came out for uhd 4k in 2014.

Do you notice any blotching at all in your videos? It's possible it's my sd card. I use the one it ships with for now. Some of its so bad though is suspect one of two things.

My camera is a lemon or it is what it is.

Thanks. -Joe

I use this program called Any Video Converter Ultimate, but you can use any video file converting software of your choice.
But this one is my favorite. It can join multiple files into one, because sometimes drone video gets split into 2-3 files. And it can download full videos from YouTube!
All you gotta do is open original video file, pick format (.mp4 or .mov), video size (1920 x 1080), quality (high) , encode pass (2), and that's it.
It can also change frame rate, but i keep it at 30fps because my TV doesnt play 60fps for some reason, then copy completed file to USB drive, plug into my TV and done!
Great quality super clear! .. Its my 2nd week with my new Phantom 3, i know it got issues (like range, firmware etc), but the video quality is really amazing, especially when watching on big screen.

Can you take a few pans of a wooded area adjacent to grass and see how the camera does.

I an trying to figure out if my camera is a lemon. I have tried most all settings.

The best picture I can get is in auto for any settings that offer it. 2.7k 30 vivid.

My main problem is the blotching during pans of wooded areas. And if I move the drone fast it leaves trails in the video. Barely but I can see it. My tv is a new model that came out for uhd 4k in 2014.

Do you notice any blotching at all in your videos? It's possible it's my sd card. I use the one it ships with for now. Some of its so bad though is suspect one of two things.

My camera is a lemon or it is what it is.

Thanks. -Joe

I dont think i have noticed any blotching, yet... I will go back and look thru my videos again, and take a couple of new ones to see if i notice any quality issues.
How do you usually watch your flight videos? Computer or TV? Do you notice any difference in video quality between computer and TV screens?
Maybe it has got something to do with your TV settings? I know on my samsung tv there are a few settings that i had to change to make videos play smoother..
For example, i had to change 'Auto Motion Plus (Blur/Judder Reduction/LED Clear Motion)' setting to 'Clear', because i was getting kind of choppy/jerky video playback.
Also you should really try converting the video file from 2.7K to 1920x1080 to see if you can get better output. I think it could help get rid of trails/blotching.
Maybe it has got something to do with the 2.7K format and how your TV process that video format.
If you want i can send you that program, its already unlocked / purchased ,so you wont need to pay$50 to activate it, and you can try changing the file formats.
Personally i'm happy with the day time video quality. Night time isn't that great, but i kinda expected that. Maybe because my night time cam settings aren't set up properly.
I don't think SD card is the problem. From what i know it either works, or it doesn't.
And unfortunately there is always a chance that the camera itself is defective. I would try all these steps and if nothing helps then contact DJI for advice or replacement..

Viewing on my PC can be a problem. But its the first check, besides my phone. I use the actual SD card on the PC, but there isn't enough RAM. So. I upload them to youtube and display on LG4k tv.

When I play them on youtube, shot in 2.7k the highest res is 1440p hd. Again, It skips due to bandwidth and RAM constraints. The TV does not skip but when it chops you can see it that much more.

Horizon pans are much less likely to have it. Ill give the program a try. The main chops though, the really noticeable ones, happen on both TV and computer.

thanks. -joe

edit im leaning to it being a camera problem. i can show you a bad one. its set private so ill have to ad you.

I dont think i have noticed any blotching, yet... I will go back and look thru my videos again, and take a couple of new ones to see if i notice any quality issues.
How do you usually watch your flight videos? Computer or TV? Do you notice any difference in video quality between computer and TV screens?
Maybe it has got something to do with your TV settings? I know on my samsung tv there are a few settings that i had to change to make videos play smoother..
For example, i had to change 'Auto Motion Plus (Blur/Judder Reduction/LED Clear Motion)' setting to 'Clear', because i was getting kind of choppy/jerky video playback.
Also you should really try converting the video file from 2.7K to 1920x1080 to see if you can get better output. I think it could help get rid of trails/blotching.
Maybe it has got something to do with the 2.7K format and how your TV process that video format.
If you want i can send you that program, its already unlocked / purchased ,so you wont need to pay$50 to activate it, and you can try changing the file formats.
Personally i'm happy with the day time video quality. Night time isn't that great, but i kinda expected that. Maybe because my night time cam settings aren't set up properly.
I don't think SD card is the problem. From what i know it either works, or it doesn't.
And unfortunately there is always a chance that the camera itself is defective. I would try all these steps and if nothing helps then contact DJI for advice or replacement..

Last edited:
So, I was excited to see that there was a new DJI GO App release (2.5 from 2.4.3 I think). I was thinking for sure that the app update would allow the 60fps for 1080p, but there was no change for me. :( Starting to think they won't update the android app to allow it.

Don't bother, I use IOS, and I was able to shoot video in 1080p 60 fps.
It was not very good, not as sharp as 1080p 30 fps

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4