6 weeks of flying the Plus, Photo and Video quality

Reaction score
Sometimes I think the photos on the Plus are great and sometimes they are just crap ! Thinking back to when I had my Vision, when the Plus's photos are good they are better than I could ever achieve on my Vision, but at least the Vision was consistently mediocre.

I've tried playing around with all the different settings other than auto and I cannot tell any difference . My main complaint is that when it is just a little bit cloudy the Plus's photos are just too dark no matter what photo setting you have.

The gimbal is absolutely superb and because of that I would have thought the video quality would have been better than the Vision, but in my opinion it isn't . The video is definitely more grainy than the Vision's video and again changing the settings doesn't seem to make much difference .

If anybody is totally satisfied or has setting which work, perhaps they could reply.

From what I have experienced so far, the video quality has been pretty good. I don't find it grainy on well lit scenes(daytime) At dusk I can see a bit of grain but its tolerable and I don't fly much past that (too tough to see) Would be interesting to see if someone could take apart the Vision and Vision plus camera and compare hardware to see quality of one over the other

Play with your metering modes if you find them too dark. The camera is trying to compensate for tone differences between sky and ground. When shooting my regular camera I always have a negative exposure compensation dialed in and that really helps to preserve shadow detail. I used -0.3 yesterday and was happy with that but will try a little more next flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj