5th Video, New Pilot - Englewood Boat Basin - Tips welcomed.

Reaction score
I can definitely see my progression in both piloting and editing when comparing my first video to this 5th video. This was taken at the Englewood New Jersey Boat Basin with views of the George Washington Bridge.

I've had a total of 1:45 min of flight time so far. Please offer any tips, suggestions or comments!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Drone Flown Media
nice opening shots.

after that... the rest of the shots are nice enough, but don't continue, nor logically follow, the 'airy' 'floaty' feeling that worked so well in the open.

composition was pleasing, as was the choice of subject and the camera angles you chose to feature them (especially the boats from directly overhead... repetition of the geometry just really worked well.

impressive for only your fifth effort.

to improve, i'd aim to make everything more cohesive, both visually and from a narrative perspective. i know you're working on smooth camera work and that's cool, and it's a good thing to focus on in the beginning. but then you have to have a 'why' if you want to create really dynamic content... why this angle, movement, subject, composition....

just something to think about as you progress. overall though looks like you're progressing quite well, so keep at it

Thanks man! Your tips all make since. I had so much more footage from the flight I really should have took more time to put it together (I was sitting at the hotel bar, drinking, eating and editing all at the same time). Tonight I'm going to start it over and make it better, this one was pretty much a rough draft.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl