5.8g birdside

Reaction score
Interested in doing a 5.8 bird side antenna mod and was wondering what you guys think of these.. would be running these with my DBS.
b72ebceeec004b0750c3ab03b3548f03.jpg

436592c55b0872d803de22c5cb800829.jpg

They are made by VAS which I have dealt with before and seen a lot of and it's always quality every time. I just wanted to see what you guys think before I possibly do something stupid. Lol!

VAS Video Aerial Systems CONNEX PROSIGHT HD 5GHz Transmitter Antenna Pair

When looking for an upgrade to your 5G HD system's fragile PCB board antenna, look no further. The VAS HD Dipole is designed as a durable replacement to those PCB antennas that are detuned by any material they are placed in contact with and require awkward mounting solutions. Not only are they durable, but they are balanced specifically to counteract the issues placed on antenna systems by poor installation practices. We have incorporated not one, but two baluns to ensure the best possible transmission from vehicle to ground station. While it may appear to be a humble sleeve/bazooka style dipole, it is far from it.

Specifications:
Gain: 2.05dbi

Frequency Range: 5100mhz-6200mhz
Polarization: Linear

Thoughts?

Reactions: dirkclod
Got em on there, and I'm pretty happy with it visually. Was not that bad at all..

117e26951412eafa3a2960f3795c1f9e.jpg
bad5ccaf1245bba6fb7b7be319de0007.jpg

Winds are crazy today of course [emoji31] so hopefully get a test flight in tomorrow morning.

Reactions: dirkclod
Did not know that actually. I believe it. But now I'm curious, why is a compass calibration needed after this mod?

From all the things I have added or moved ..like trackers..
I found I never had any issues if I did one .I learned that way back from moving a tracker and not doing one and as soon as I took off it went wild. Now that was on a P2 but it stuck with me . Anytime I have moved experimenting with the external antennas on mine I do one.
Just a old habit I guess . Hey..it won't hurt. :)

Reactions: 805hd
HI All,
Which antenna is the best to replace the 5.8GHZ antenna on the birdside as I see people talking about Di-Pole , Circular-polarized Antenna, Circular Polarized Omni ,etc ... I am just changing the 5.8 GHZ for now .

Have you modded your TX yet , if not I would before doing a birdside and see if
that got me what I needed . My P3 4k thats all I needed to go as far as my battery would let me and that was with out amps . I used a itelie /DBS panel .Theres more out now but that it what I was partial to .
JMO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4