4k, Where do you keep it !

then delete the originals is a good idea. Perhaps just keep the rare stuff.

Everything you shoot is "rare"! None of it can ever be reproduce the way it was originally. In that, I keep everything. There is no was to know when you might be able to use some little piece!

Reactions: JohnK
You could upload to YouTube and use the embedded client (on ATV3 as ATV2 no longer has a YouTube client) or push to your ATV with an iPad or iPhone via Airplay on YouTube. Otherwise, a system like Roku will play local media from a NAS for instance.

Thanks...yeah, unfortunately none of those support 4K...only 1080P. Hoping that the rumored new AppleTV will be released soon that supports 4K via a Vimeo & Youtube app (not holding my breath though). It hurts to be an early adopter sometimes...

Thanks...yeah, unfortunately none of those support 4K...only 1080P. Hoping that the rumored new AppleTV will be released soon that supports 4K via a Vimeo & Youtube app (not holding my breath though). It hurts to be an early adopter sometimes...

My guess (I've been an Apple fanboy since I got my first Apple //c back in early 80s) is that the ATV4 will NOT support 4K. Why do I think this? Because the majority of content the ATV provides isn't available in 4K anyway. Unless Apple's new TV service and iTunes content will showcase 4K, I don't see ATV supporting it. Once mobile CPUs can robustly support 4K, I believe 4K will proliferate.

I sympathize with being an early adopter. I was the first on block with ISDN back in the mid 90's, but most ISPs in our city didn't support it. I bought an HD TV back in the early 2000s, most TV stations didn't support it. Like anything else, 4K will have its day and you and I will be talking about 8K or better and complaining about that!

You may enjoy (at least from an information perspective) reading this post: MacRumors -- No 4K Video Streaming Support for Upcoming ATV.

There are lots of 4k media players out there. Sony makes one.

Screw Apple! Mezzmo is the solution! I stream 1080 to my car on road trips! 4k at home with no issues. Its great!

I've used two Seagates (of my 5 drives) for the past several years without a single problem. Just for info purposes. I'm not a brand loyalist.

On the other hand, I've dug two holes for western digital.

I have handled probably close to 10000 hard drives in my 34 years building and repairing computers. Seagate had a time when they had a good product. Now... they simply don't. Their warranty tells the whole story. They have some great ideas.. the hybrid drives. But they use sub par components that even they don't trust like other companies do. Right now, I replace close to twice as many Seagate drives as I do WDs.

Good to know, but I make multiple backups. No drive is infallible, as I'm sure you could describe in far more detail than I.

I also have two WDs and a Toshiba, and all are working fine, thank goodness!!

I have handled probably close to 10000 hard drives in my 34 years building and repairing computers. Seagate had a time when they had a good product. Now... they simply don't. Their warranty tells the whole story. They have some great ideas.. the hybrid drives. But they use sub par components that even they don't trust like other companies do. Right now, I replace close to twice as many Seagate drives as I do WDs.

Absolutely!! I stay far away from Seagate after many, many failures. Had great luck with WD and Hitachi, in that order

I use Samsung external solid states. I have a 1tb and a 500gig. About the size of a business card easy to take around. But expensive. Not for everyone.

Reactions: III% Streve
The other side of that 5TB not being a good solution is that it is likely a compressed drive. Which is ALWAYS a big no-no for actively used data. Its EXTREMELY SLOW! And even more taxing on the already abused parts dealing with the increased heat of a small enclosure.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik