4k video screen shots still better than raw/jpg pictures?

Reaction score
I've been working on this for a while, but my 4k video screen shots are still better than raw/jpg pictures? raw is very blurry when I zoom in on the computer, and when I try to sharpen in photo shop, it doesn't sharpen up. Could there be something wrong with my camera, or does the video use the same sensor? I'm flying an p3p. I'm also using low iso settings. Also in Photo shop, I'm adding sharpening, is there another feature I should use in photo shop or maybe light room?

Last edited:
Reactions: NoBiffBetter
When shooting RAW there is nothing added to the photos. I've found that I want photos I have to shoot just photos for that particular flight as the shutter speed for video is too low. For RAW photos I also have to add a bunch of contrast and clarity to the photos for the most part. I think 4k is sharper out of the camera because unless you shoot LOG, it adds a picture style with a bunch of adjustments.

Reactions: Mudcat
When shooting RAW there is nothing added to the photos. I've found that I want photos I have to shoot just photos for that particular flight as the shutter speed for video is too low. For RAW photos I also have to add a bunch of contrast and clarity to the photos for the most part. I think 4k is sharper out of the camera because unless you shoot LOG, it adds a picture style with a bunch of adjustments.
Thanks for the reply! I still don't know how to sharpen raw photos? There must be a way, because so many say still shots are much better than screen shots?

is there another feature I should use in photo shop or maybe light room?

In LR I often use the Graduated Filter tool to sharpen a part of the image.
Works also very well for landscape images, just play around once to find out whether or not this might help you.

LR-GF sharpening.jpg

Reactions: Mudcat

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan