400 ft Limitation glitch

Holy crap. He must of changed my settings. Was set to 380. No wonder I didnt get a warning. Gotta talk to my buddy . Still , I would assume the warning comes up regardless of that setting because of the region you are in. Is this not a fact?
Probably was an update that changed it.

So is that 2x zoom still only working on IOS and not android?
It's not a ZOOM, it's a digital zoom and you can do it post and it will be EXACTLY the same only you'll have more options. If you do a digital zoom in the sky, you are just limiting where you can zoom and not degrade in post. I've said it a million times but the only zoom that will ever matter is a very long tele-photo optical zoom that will cost thousands and thousands of dollars in lenses, payload increase, etc.

A digital zoom is like a flaccid *****, sure I want it, but it's not of much use.

Interesting analogy.
Actually it's a simile. :)

An analogy takes two things and makes them the same by comparison "he's as stubborn as a rock", "it's like they are made of money", "his hair is like a ray of light".

Metaphor - similar to a simile but it uses language differently to equate two things "the world is a stage and we are merely players" or "The world is my canvas and I am a painter"...see the difference between simile and metaphor? In a metaphor, you sort of live in that world rather than equate two things.

This has been Lit 101 with Adam. I think I'm right, not sure.

Last edited:
Actually it's a simile. :)

An analogy takes two things and makes them the same by comparison "he's as stubborn as a rock", "it's like they are made of money", "his hair is like a ray of light".

Metaphor - similar to a simile but it uses language differently to equate two things "the world is a stage and we are merely players" or "The world is my canvas and I am a painter"...see the difference between simile and metaphor? In a metaphor, you sort of live in that world rather than equate two things.

This has been Lit 101 with Adam. I think I'm right, not sure.

I'm always delighted to find someone who cares about such things, but I will have to disagree - you have mixed up analogies and similes. Your use of the comparative "is like a..." unambiguously defines an analogy.

"As stubborn as a rock" is a simile, as would have been the construct "as useful as a flaccid *****" had you used it.

Metaphors are as you describe.

Reactions: Jussaguy
The world is my drone park?

Reactions: Jussaguy and sar104
I'm always delighted to find someone who cares about such things, but I will have to disagree - you have mixed up analogies and similes. Your use of the comparative "is like a..." unambiguously defines an analogy.

"As stubborn as a rock" is a simile, as would have been the construct "as useful as a flaccid *****" had you used it.

Metaphors are as you describe.
You sound sure and I'm not so I will defer to your word. Thanks!

It's not a ZOOM, it's a digital zoom and you can do it post and it will be EXACTLY the same only you'll have more options. If you do a digital zoom in the sky, you are just limiting where you can zoom and not degrade in post. I've said it a million times but the only zoom that will ever matter is a very long tele-photo optical zoom that will cost thousands and thousands of dollars in lenses, payload increase, etc.
I know the difference between optical and digital zoom and how much digital sucks, but the question was if it was working on Android yet ?

You sound sure and I'm not so I will defer to your word. Thanks!
Anytime you use "like" or "as" it is a Simile
Definition of SIMILE
In this case it is also an Analogy:
Definition of ANALOGY

In any case this thread is a good reminder of why you should check your settings before you take off, I do it while the IMU warms up. I have turned off auto updates for DJI Go on my iPad, when it used to auto update it would change all the settings to default and the only way to tell is by checking them. The other day I checked my settings before a flight and was reminded of why I do even though DJI Go doesn't auto update. I had been flying up a mountain and had my RTH altitude set at 500m. Before takeoff a few days later I was checking my settings and noticed my RTH altitude was still set at 500m. If I had not checked and lost connection RTH would have put me higher than 400ft AGL and I would risk running out of battery (if I was unable to re-connect) because a RTH at that altitude would take a long time

Anytime you use "like" or "as" it is a Simile
Definition of SIMILE
In this case it is also an Analogy:
Definition of ANALOGY

Yes, but also no in this case. For it to have been a simile the two items would have to be equated as similar themselves, as opposed to the desire for them being similar. In this case the result of ownership of the two items was being equated as analogous in its implications. It's a subtle difference, but one that I think matters.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues