400 and BELOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already happening. Speak to real pilots. Speak to people at the FAA. If you fight it? They will ban them outright. If you embrace common sense regulation? You'll get it. I honestly had no idea how infantile drone pilots were until I came on this boards. Actual pilots find this entire attitude bizarre and a really quick way to lose everything.
I for one don't think you are as smart as you think you are. Let others lead this charge.

I for one don't think you are as smart as you think you are. Let others lead this charge.
Wanting pilots to be licensed is "thinking you are smart"!?!?? I've been called elitist before, but not for something that obvious. :eek:

Wanting pilots to be licensed is "thinking you are smart"!?!?? I've been called elitist before, but not for something that obvious. :eek:
It's your whole thought process that is flawed. You really have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to implementing regulation. Please enjoy the hobby let others do the heavy lifting.

And no, I'm not joking. I find this topic quite serious if you follow my threads. This attitude that we should be allowed to fly our personal drones at 3000 feet and no one can take away our right to do so is exactly what will end up banning these things in no time. I don't want that to happen. I will lead the charge to get proper regulations, proper licensing and proper training and certification so there's SOME barrier to entry before some kid drops his from the sky and kills someone on his first flight. I have no problem getting licensed so I can prove that I'm capable, neither should any other pilot...

...having that license will also help when people come up to you in public because they're scared of the word "Drone" and think you're some sort of terrorist spy. :rolleyes:

I just thought it was such a stupid statement that he couldn't possibly be serious. If he is serious he is a substantial danger to our hobby as well as aircraft that are permitted to fly in those spaces. I'm with you 100%.

Reactions: Adam Kontras
I totally agree with this high limit. Of course is necessary to have, not some, but plenty bewares about drones...

500m high and 2km ahead for "anyone" its already very very and bedi dangerous i think..

God bless!

Some dickheads were pointing lasers at jets too.
Uhh...no, they don't. Commercial planes just either ram or grind up birds. You can't immediately make an avoidance turn on a 747 just for the sake of a bird.

What if it's a Pterodactyl?
Oh hah yeah. In cruise flight in would be impossible. Haha sometimes we are cruising as fast as 600mph.

Curious what you fly. As about Mach .86 is the fastest recommended cruise, which is of course slower than 600 at high altitude cruise.

Reactions: mmee1992
And no, I'm not joking. I find this topic quite serious if you follow my threads. This attitude that we should be allowed to fly our personal drones at 3000 feet and no one can take away our right to do so is exactly what will end up banning these things in no time. I don't want that to happen. I will lead the charge to get proper regulations, proper licensing and proper training and certification so there's SOME barrier to entry before some kid drops his from the sky and kills someone on his first flight. I have no problem getting licensed so I can prove that I'm capable, neither should any other pilot...

...having that license will also help when people come up to you in public because they're scared of the word "Drone" and think you're some sort of terrorist spy. :rolleyes:
You're letting your emotions and your imagination get the better of you. It's a toy quad copter. What you want is not going to happen.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk Pro 3

Reactions: Apparition
You're letting your emotions and your imagination get the better of you. It's a toy quad copter. What you want is not going to happen.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk Pro 3

The X5C is a toy and probably in certain situations could still hurt somebody. The Phantom is not a toy and could kill somebody. Let's do a test, we'll do CSC above your head at 3000 feet until we hit your head. And then your widow or grieving kids, dog, cat can say: "It's a toy quad copter" why is he dead?.

Reactions: Adam Kontras
Wait....so to be considered a toy it must not cause death if dropped from 3000ft....guys wtf?? Where is this thread heading.....how can i add this thread to my ignore list :/
Lmao I had to go back there for a second and check to remember what the OP was :)

It's already happening. Speak to real pilots. Speak to people at the FAA. If you fight it? They will ban them outright. If you embrace common sense regulation? You'll get it. I honestly had no idea how infantile drone pilots were until I came on this boards. Actual pilots find this entire attitude bizarre and a really quick way to lose everything.

I had no idea how entitled pilots thought they were, until I came onto this board.

attachment-1.jpg

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Some dickheads were pointing lasers at jets too.

What if it's a Pterodactyl?

Curious what you fly. As about Mach .86 is the fastest recommended cruise, which is of course slower than 600 at high altitude cruise.

I fly a Gulfstream 4 which flies at a maximum of Mach .88 which with tailwinds we have flown at over 600 knots groundspeed before. Which equates to about 690 mph.

Reactions: snowghost
Why don't we hear of nitro rc cars slamming into other vehicles or driving them on the street ?did drones get the medias attention since the White House was involved ?

The ignorance in this thread is unbelievable.

In other news I flew to 900 feet this weekend and didn't down a jetliner. Crazy I know

Must have something to do with commercial jetliners flying at 10s of thousands of feet...

I fly a Gulfstream 4 which flies at a maximum of Mach .88 which with tailwinds we have flown at over 600 knots groundspeed before. Which equates to about 690 mph.

Great craft which also fly's at 45,000+' where no birds or drones travel................

In other news I flew to 900 feet this weekend and didn't down a jetliner. Crazy I know. Must have something to do with commercial jetliners flying at 10s of thousands of feet...

Well, I flew in a Cessna 172SP this weekend. At 500ft and 900ft and everything in between. If I had encountered your drone, it could have killed me. Maybe you should realize your perspective of what happens in the skies above you is incomplete and narrow sighted. Stay below 400ft before you cause an incident.

The ignorance in this thread is unbelievable.

On that we can agree.

Well, I flew in a Cessna 172SP this weekend. At 500ft and 900ft. If I had encountered your drone, it could have killed me. Maybe you should realize your perspective of what happens in the skies above you is incomplete and narrow sighted. Stay below 400ft before you cause an incident.

On that we can agree.

Well I must say in my area you would be hovering right around the tree tops in a Cessna. Id be more worried about running into a bird than my drone sir due to sheer abundance of them vs drone opperators.

Ill do as I please while being cautious of the airspace around me. Thanks for your concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic