400 and BELOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And seriously, even if there were absolutely zero regulations, why would you do it? Do you seriously think your little adventure is worth putting people's lives at risk. Get over yourself.

Maybe I want a picture of my neighborhood from 1000 foot up? I'm sure we can work around my 3 minutes at 1000 feet, it's not like i'll be there long since my battery will die if a few minutes and I don't have a 2nd battery still.

Reactions: chase45
Here's a screen shot from a video of mine from over my parents place (yes, it's dark was about 8:30 at night). Looks the same 360 degrees, rolling bumps people may call hills. The house on the right is a mile out. My altitude about 150'. Location about 30,000 feet under any commercial traffic. The only other air traffic are guys whom have planes in their barns and a grass strip behind their house and the occasional crop duster who would likely fly underneath my drone anyway. Can fly all day and never be over a single person and I'll usually not see a single manned aircraft other than at 30,000+.

Last time down there 3 planes flew by in a tight formation (2 were biplanes) probably weren't more than 250' up but I could see them coming from a few miles out. Rattled the buildings as they went by.

I'm really not seeing why safely flying above the magical 400' is a problem in a flyover state area like this.

Now, with that said I live within 8 miles of an international airport. You won't see me over 400' when flying nearby my home as I don't need to be a news story and my goal is to go as unnoticed as possible.

P3.jpg

clearly you only have 20-30 seconds to move your drone under the 400 foot ceiling. :rolleyes:

Us commoners just don't have the proper licensing to be safe with these plane destroying drones compared to others on this site :rolleyes:

You're seriously deluding yourself. You have no way or method to be "cautious". All I can recommend is that if you insist on flying into airspace that you are not qualified to fly in, please do keep posting about your exploits. Just as KillerCut did. He boasted about flying to 980m and then the FAA paid him a little visit. He's edited all his posts and hasn't posted anything about it since. Maybe he learned his lesson. Let's hope you do too.
You are the one deluding yourself. No1 ever paid me a visit, nor will they. I edited my posts because people here, especially the mods, are whack jobs. No, I did not fly at prospect park, and obviously the 'pilot' who claims he climbed 200ft to avoid a drone is either on drugs or a lier who wants our hobby to be regulated. My lack of posts on this forum is mainly because this forum sucks, and I cant help idiots.

You are the one deluding yourself. No1 ever paid me a visit, nor will they. I edited my posts because people here, especially the mods, are whack jobs. No, I did not fly at prospect park, and obviously the 'pilot' who claims he climbed 200ft to avoid a drone is either on drugs or a lier who wants our hobby to be regulated. My lack of posts on this forum is mainly because this forum sucks, and I cant help idiots.

BAHAHAHAHA

This forum lacks the emoticons I want to post to this

Reactions: damitjim
clearly you only have 20-30 seconds to move your drone under the 400 foot ceiling. :rolleyes:
If hypothetically I were at 1000' and I determine I'm in the airspace of a fast approaching plane. I can drop height as fast as gravity will allow.
21550.jpg

Reactions: damitjim
Now that Enrique Iglesias was hurt by an inspire1 they will surely put regulations in place.

Some here just need big brother to hold their hand while playing with their toys.

Sad. But true
That's correct, these are "Toy's" to some, and there are very few "Pilots" on this forum. A real Pilot is a well trained professional who thinks 'safety' and the safe piloting of his craft always keeping public safety in mind. What we have for the most part is "Equipment Operators" With little to no training, a Toy mindset, and a sense of self righteous entitlement as to their perceived right do as they please. I thought when I came here I would be among serious flyers who took this hobby as a way to have fun and also educate the public on the use of RC A/C. But except for a few I see I was mistaken.

Reactions: Adam Kontras
I'm a loadmaster. Does that make me a well trained professional ? Or an equipment operator.

It
That's correct, these are "Toy's" to some, and there are very few "Pilots" on this forum. A real Pilot is a well trained professional who thinks 'safety' and the safe piloting of his craft always keeping public safety in mind. What we have for the most part is "Equipment Operators" With little to no training, a Toy mindset, and a sense of self righteous entitlement as to their perceived right do as they please. I thought when I came here I would be among serious flyers who took this hobby as a way to have fun and also educate the public on the use of RC A/C. But except for a few I see I was mistaken.

I am safe thank you. Flying above an imaginary line in the sky has caused zero issues. I watch the sky and have yet to see a low flying aircraft in my area. I have caused no issues and never will.

In my line of work as well as my other major hobby safety is paramount and I operate tools much more deadly than a plastic drone will ever be.

Get off your high horse.

I thought when I came here I would be among serious flyers who took this hobby as a way to have fun and also educate the public on the use of RC A/C. But except for a few I see I was mistaken.

...and then there are those that only see 2 extremes as a solution. Full blown gov't intervention regulation or complete lawlessness. Their mind is too small to grasp the idea of a vast area in between.

...and then there are those that only see 2 extremes as a solution. Full blown gov't intervention regulation or complete lawlessness. Their mind is too small to grasp the idea of a vast area in between.
And then there are those who think all rules are meant for others, never them. The Government has a bad habit of going way overboard on regulations once there is a perceived need for them in any given area. As of now the rules they have proposed for hobby aircraft are in line with common sense (rare for a Government agency) and I just think it is NOT in our best interest to give them any reason to tighten the restrictions any further, and flying in a manner that endangers others, no matter where or how high is detrimental to the sport. So, will you magically stop flying above 400' when the FCC makes it a hard and fast law?

Unsubscribed. This thread went from a news article to so called "experts" giving their opinions. I keep thinking each time my phone goes off its an update on my battery.

Small minded? Small minded sounds like this: "I just got my drone. I don't care about aviation safety. I'll fly as high as I want."

P.S. Glad nothing happened KillerCut. The FAA investigator said he had an open case on you. You still flying at 3,000ft next to JFK or have you figured out a better way to have fun with endangering approaching airliners?

As of now the rules they have proposed for hobby aircraft are in line with common sense

Seems like an opinion to me. What makes sense in one part of the country, doesn't make sense in another. According the to the 2012 ruling, the rules are to be 'set by the community", not some empty suit in D.C.

I just think it is NOT in our best interest to give them any reason to tighten the restrictions any further

Too late... but now you get to go up an extra 100 feet! http://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=18295

"Under the proposed rule, the person actually flying a small UAS would be an “operator.” An operator would have to be at least 17 years old, pass an aeronautical knowledge test and obtain an FAA UAS operator certificate. To maintain certification, the operator would have to pass the FAA knowledge tests every 24 months. A small UAS operator would not need any further private pilot certifications (i.e., a private pilot license or medical rating)."

Reactions: iahphantom
By 'community' they stated "A nationwide Community BASED organization" which all agree is the AMA, not your local club, and their rules are well known, LOS and 400'. And as for the certification, great, a good idea as far as I am concerned. I am sure it will only be a paper test as to rules and safety practices, no actual hands on flight test like the one I had to take for my 'Experimental' cert.

And as for the certification, great, a good idea as far as I am concerned

Hate to rain on your parade... but the decision in 2012 sort of restricts the FAA from this new proposal, but that hasn't stopped this administration from making rules it doesn't have the power to make. They might make the rule, but it'll be over turned in court and there's no enforcement plan and no ability to enforce it.

Under this from 2012 https://www.faa.gov/uas/media/model_aircraft_spec_rule.pdf

"Congress directed that the FAA may not “promulgate any rule or regulation
regarding a model aircraft, or an aircraft being developed as a model aircraft” if the
aircraft is being operated , or being developed to be operated,pursuant to the
five criteria enumerated in the statute as described above .P.L. 112-95, section 336(a).

In other words, Congress has restricted the FAA from promulgating regulations, from the date when the
statute was enacted, specifically regarding model aircraft that meet the terms of the statute."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik