4-5 Second Delay From Camera to Monitor/Screen Any Ideas?

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post. I bought my PS-SE back in June and the manual etc was in Chinese as it wasn't released outside China yet. It still worked great and is stable but there is lagging about 4-5 seconds between camera and my screen. I used a Samsung Galaxy phone and had the problem so I bought a tablet with 2gb Ram and wifi/gps etc.. and only have the DJI Go App and DroneLogbook Apps on it and still the lag. I've calibrated everything and gone through as many settings as I know including lowering from 4k to 1080P on camera plus buying a SanDisk Elite Ultra 100mbps SD card. I even cleaned the cable going into gimble and switched off the video cache log and problem remains. The film taken is perfect with no lag it's just I have to fly within line of sight and be careful. The lag/delay is there when it's close or far from transmitter. It's headwrecking to be honest as I can't figure out what to do. Any idea's people?
voyo tablet phantom3se.3.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I'll try it as will do anything at this stage. Did you delete the hidden files on the SD card as well and do a complete reinstall? I've also tried changing channels but it seems you can't on the SE and also I changed from 2.4gh to 5.8gh but when I connected the quad it had changed back to the 2.4gh channel. It also seems to be set on "Follow Me" instead of FPV but again it doesn't change that 5 second delay. So annoying.

Hi, I also just bought the P3SE, took it for a TestFlight today and also experienced a enormous delay. It would even disconnect from time to time. I have a Iphone 6s. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Ya delete and reinstall dji go and turn off you arplain settings amd there will be no lag I helped me out with mine (2miles 1/4mile 37feet ) wifi video feed after reinstalled.

Reactions: Crewchief408
Ya delete and reinstall dji go and turn off you arplain settings amd there will be no lag I helped me out with mine (2miles 1/4mile 37feet ) wifi video feed after reinstalled.
Cool, thanks. Weather has been crap for a week, but it's improving so I should be able to test it out today!

But if you turn on airplane mode on your iphone, won’t you lose video signal??

Hi sorry for taking ages to reply. I'm surprised that ye are having lag problems with Apple phones. On my Android 6 tablet I did a factory reset and then went into settings on quad and switched off the video cache and set my camera from 2K to 1080P 50fps which is more than enough as I'm not shooting a Hollywood movie. I just installed DJI Go App, Dronelogbook and Google Maps. I switched off all unnecessary backround processes and it worked, no lag!! I went off to do a test flight and I noticed there was no map showing in the DJI App when I started it and was trying to set the "Return to home". I had data turned off on tablet and switched it back on and Google maps updated and guess what?? The lag was back. I wouldn't mind a second but 4-5 seconds is dangerous. I'm at witts end to be honest. I spoke to DJI and said if they lowered the price of CrystalSky to around $200-250 that a lot more people would buy it including me. Who's going to pay $650 for just a monitor when you can buy an iPad that can fly the quad as well as do other things. I'm very close to selling the Phantom even though I do love it but for $250 you can buy a 4K UpAir drone with 1km control and has a free MONITOR!!

I get all sorts of problems like that with my Galaxy tablet and seems to get worse. I've done a factory wipe of the tablet but that didn't help. I think they put too much in the app, along with updates the tablet itself calls for.
I may try downgrading the tablet to what it had when it was released to market which I think had Android 5.1, or a generic firmware with no bloatware.
It was an inexpensive refurb tablet.

I uninstalled the DJI app, then reinstalled it. Then I turned on Airplane Mode on my phone which turns off cellular service, and Apple maps, but I still get a little compass box which is all I really need since I don’t let the drone get out of my line of sight. This method works for me and I’m not getting any video lag at all.

I solved the problem with the "Gimbal Disconnected" showing which DJI admitted is a firmware 3.1.18 error which they said they'll fix in "next" so called UPgrade and the lag problem. I searched for an older APK firmware as DJI has disabled the firmware rollback/downgrade on the App. I found a site with clean APK versions https://www.apk4fun.com/history/96377/ and downloaded DJI GO APK 3.1.10 using APK installer App APK Installer - Android Apps on Google Play on my tablet. I then switched off notifications on the DJIGO App and changed setting on Google Play from install upgrades to "Let me decide" and IT WORKS!! No error messages though you are asked upgrade available so just click X. For lag issues I switched off video cache and lowered my settings from 4k to 1080P at 50FPS and it's working perfectly with no lag!!! I'm seriously thinking of selling my Phantom even though I do love it but there are far too many rushed firmware upgrades. DJI should do less upgrades and test them thoroughly before unleashing them on us as I have crashed a new tablet I bought just for the DJI App as went deep into settings in tablet to try and correct an error which crashed my tablet and I find out it was DJI software/firmware was the problem and not my tablet. I can't send tablet back as it wasn't the makers of the tablet's fault. Is DJI going to reimburse me $120? If I was using my drone for work like mountain rescue or security then I wouldn't have been able to use it due to constant firmware problems plus also it's dangerous to fly it with these errors as could crash and injure or kill someone.. Why don't they make more money and keep customers happy by lowering the price of the DJI SkyCrystal to $200 as I would buy and I'm sure 1,000's of others and we would then all be "on the same page" so to speak meaning no more multiple issues with different devices. It makes sense!!

Last edited:
Reactions: PhantomFlyer3SE
You seem to know a lot about the drones hardware and software.
I’m 60 and I’ve been retired for 10 years and have not kept up with things like this so I’m very slow to learn. I need your help I cannot figure out how to read my data files that I can download on my computer. I have read a lot about it and I’ve watched a lot of videos I still can’t get it so is there anyway you could explain to me how to do it without getting too technical. If you don’t want to I understand maybe I’m just too old to get it but I’d sure like to look at those charts on the flying data

One of the thing I use my iPhone 6 Plus to view with but I download the files onto my PC

You seem to know a lot about the drones hardware and software.
I’m 60 and I’ve been retired for 10 years and have not kept up with things like this so I’m very slow to learn. I need your help I cannot figure out how to read my data files that I can download on my computer. I have read a lot about it and I’ve watched a lot of videos I still can’t get it so is there anyway you could explain to me how to do it without getting too technical. If you don’t want to I understand maybe I’m just too old to get it but I’d sure like to look at those charts on the flying data
I registered free on Dronelogbook.com DroneLogbook Once you register your details then click on "Inventory" and start with Drone, Enter the registration number you get inside battery compartment or on the box it came in. Then click on "Batteries" entering their reg number you'll find when the DJIGO App is on go to battery and you'll see it's number, the same applies for the remote controller etc.. It's just a case of finding the reg numbers and keying them into the slots. Annoying but you only have to it once! Then after a flight you can just sync and get the flight files from the DJI Cloud which records all your flights and once you sync it puts all the data onto a flight record page. You can also import the files (DJI TXT) clicking on "Import Log files which when you have your phone or tablet connected to your computer you browse into say phone/DJI/DJI PILOT/FLIGHT RECORD and then you see all the flights as TXT and click on them and import them into logbook which does all the work for you and turns the TXT into a page with details of your flight including map etc.. Hope that doesn't sound too complicated. It took me a while to learn myself but once you enter all the reg numbers at the start it's easy from then on. Here's the tutorials. DroneLogbook DroneLogbook

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31