3D building model, grout work

Reaction score
Is it possible to make a model of a building and see the condition of the grout work? For example a State Capitol building. I would be flying a Phantom Pro 4 V2. I'm seeing different articles about using 60-80 pics per Orbit. i would probably have to fly manually due to shape of building, trees, people, etc. Is the camera good enough to zoom in from say 50ft. Will there be so much data at the end of flight that processing would be way to long and not cost effective? Any help would be great. Thanks

This is a tough one. There are 1000 variables that go into what you're asking. You can get enough detail to see the grout work, but it will be very difficult to do even for the most experienced mapping/modeling pilots. the lighting alone would be very difficult to get great data on all sides. Flying a mission like this manually is also possible, but make it much much harder. No, I really don't believe that the camera is good enough on a P4 from 50ft, but I also am unsure of the resolution you're hoping to see. I'd suggest using an X5S on an Inspire 2 or Matrice series drone with a good lens. I could honestly talk about this for a hour, but don't want to bore everyone to death. Bottom line is, Yes, it's possible, but it'll be a very large challenge if you're not experienced in doing models. Get out and practice on your home or a building that is unoccupied. Try in at different distances and in different light conditions. Practice makes perfect.

Thanks for the reply. I would love to get out and practice but this dang South Dakota weather is not letting that happen. We have a high today of 15 but the wind chill in usually in the negatives. It is warmer than it has been tho!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl