32 Channel mod still valid?

Reaction score
Hello I'm in an area where I could use some options for my wifi controller frequencies.
I have the old .DJI.configs file and am able to find the proper folder to put it in on the controller but I'm still not getting any change in the Dji Go app indicating it's working just 13-20.
Any help would be much appreciated.
P.S. I have a couple of F.C.C. licenses that allow me to operate within those extended channels. DE AA7IS.

SORRY I intended to post this in the phantom 4 pro + thread.

Last edited:
Can’t help but confirming you mean Go 4?
Yes I suspect the later versions of Go 4 are written to ignore the .dji.configs file. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to delete the current go 4 app from the controller and install the one I want. I have access to all the older versions I just need to figure out how to uninstall the current one. I have access to the file system on the controller.

Reactions: BigL
Yes I suspect the later versions of Go 4 are written to ignore the .dji.configs file.
Correct. I use Go 4 v4.0.8. IMHO this is the best Go 4 version.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to delete the current go 4 app from the controller and install the one I want.
iOS is not straight forward like Windows. Like Windows, deleting iOS apps is pretty easy. Unlike Windows, installing the version you want is not so easy. For one, each iOS app is "married" to your name/account. So I can't even give you my .ips files without giving you my Apple credentials, which I am naturally not willing to do. So you have to get your own .ips files. That, in an of itself, can be daunting. But it gets worse....

Later iOS versions no longer allow apps to be installed from iTunes. And newer versions of iTunes no longer allow you to install apps to your iPad. It's maddening. So I use iTunes v12.5.4.42. This is the best version, IMHO. Apple has neutured iTunes to the point of being useless. Check out all these options:

Actual file sharing!

<Tried uploading photos but got this maddening, generic, vague error message.>
1646496448260.png

I have access to all the older versions
Well that's huge. If you already have the .ips files, then you're 90% there. What you need now is to install a legacy version of iTunes and it's pretty straightforward from there. Just drag and drop the legacy Go 4 app into your "Library," like this:

1646496497821.png

Note: iTunes reports the version as "4.0.5," but once installed the version number is 4.0.8. I'm not sure why the discrepancy.

1646496509479.png

I just need to figure out how to uninstall the current one. I have access to the file system on the controller.
Just hold your finger on the app icon until the icon changes. Then click on the "X".

1646496514969.png

Or it can be uninstalled under "General -> Storage."

Good luck.

D

Reactions: Aairon
1646496514969.png
For the past few months, I've been getting this same message often enough when trying to post messages that I've cut back on participating for the first time since joining in 2015.
I've checked my browser console a few times, but don't see anything obvious jumping out at me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aairon
For the past few months, I've been getting this same message often enough when trying to post messages that I've cut back on participating for the first time since joining in 2015.
I've checked my browser console a few times, but don't see anything obvious jumping out at me.
<rant>

"Check your browser..." Talk about passing the buck.

I have a computer science degree so I spent some times writing programs in both the computer and web environments. Part of the coding process includes trapping for varying scenarios, including failures. For these failures the developer writes error messages. "Could not connect to database" and the like. This "Oops" message is just lazy coding on a colossal scale. The salt in the wound "More details may be in your browser" adds an extra layer of coding laziness. That said...

My girlfriend builds websites from scratch for a living. Nowadays, most of the code is baked in. Though she does examine and modify websites on the code level, the code is written by an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) like DreamWeaver, for example. Thousands of lines of code are written at the click of a button. Naturally, coding has become homogenized. This forum is a prepackaged software package that admins have little control over. It's really too bad because I remember the days of Usenet where admins generally fully understood the code running under the hood. There were no such thing as generic, nebulous, vague "Oops" messages. Even worse, there are those who will argue that this "new way" is better.

Verizon just dropped their Message+ app that I've been using daily for 15 years. It just stopped working one day.

1646582022640.png

I've been chasing this failure down for a MONTH. I finally reached a developer last night (Tier 2 support) who said that Verizon has discontinued the service. This, after going through a DOZEN support lemmings! A dozen!!! HOURS wasted! Why did it take a month and a dozen lemmings to be told the truth that Verizon simply STOPPED that service?!?! Maddening. It's the world we now live in. And it's just getting worse and worse. UAS pilots wonder why I cling to legacy apps and legacy firmware. "Change" slaps me in the face every day. And it's NEVER good. EVER.

D

</rant>

Last edited:
<rant>

"Check your browser..." Talk about passing the buck.

I have a computer science degree so I spent some times writing programs in both the computer and web environments. Part of the coding process includes trapping for varying scenarios, including failures. For these failures the developer writes error messages. "Could not connect to database" and the like. This "Oops" message is just lazy coding on a colossal scale. The salt in the wound "More details may be in your browser" adds an extra layer of coding laziness. That said...

My girlfriend builds websites from scratch for a living. Nowadays, most of the code is baked in. Though she does examine and modify websites on the code level, the code is written by an IDE (Integrated Development Environment) like DreamWeaver, for example. Thousands of lines of code are written at the click of a button. Naturally, coding has become homogenized. This forum is a prepackaged software package that admins have little control over. It's really too bad because I remember the days of Usenet where admins generally fully understood the code running under the hood. There were no such thing as generic, nebulous, vague "Oops" messages. Even worse, there are those who will argue that this "new way" is better.

Verizon just dropped their Message+ app that I've been using daily for 15 years. It just stopped working one day.

View attachment 123649

I've been chasing this failure down for a MONTH. I finally reached a developer last night (Tier 2 support) who said that Verizon has discontinued the service. This, after going through a DOZEN support lemmings! A dozen!!! HOURS wasted! Why did it take a month and a dozen lemmings to be told the truth that Verizon simply STOPPED that service?!?! Maddening. It's the world we now live in. And it's just getting worse and worse. UAS pilots wonder why I cling to legacy apps and legacy firmware. "Change" slaps me in the face every day. And it's NEVER good. EVER.

D

</rant>
Above you're talking about ios in respect to the Pro + controller, The pro + controller uses an old version of android.
So I'm still at a point where I need to completely remove the existing Go 4 app and replace with an older version which I have access to.

Above you're talking about ios in respect to the Pro + controller, The pro + controller uses an old version of android.
Well, let's get our vernacular straight. To be clear, I didn't mention the controller (RC). I was talking about the tablet. So, if you're calling the tablet "the controller," you're muddying the waters and causing confusion. The RC (Radio Control) is the "controller." At best, the tablet could be called an interface. And I recognize that SOME software DOES slave the RC and puts the tablet in the driver's seat, but that's not true of the Go 4 app.

So I'm still at a point where I need to completely remove the existing Go 4 app and replace with an older version which I have access to.
So this takes us full circle back to my original advice. Removing Go 4 from the TABLET is easy. I use iPads, so my advice stands. If you're using a flavor of Android Tablet, all bets are off. I know nothing about that environment. So, some clarification on your part is in order.

D

Well, let's get our vernacular straight. To be clear, I didn't mention the controller (RC). I was talking about the tablet. So, if you're calling the tablet "the controller," you're muddying the waters and causing confusion. The RC (Radio Control) is the "controller." At best, the tablet could be called an interface. And I recognize that SOME software DOES slave the RC and puts the tablet in the driver's seat, but that's not true of the Go 4 app.

So this takes us full circle back to my original advice. Removing Go 4 from the TABLET is easy. I use iPads, so my advice stands. If you're using a flavor of Android Tablet, all bets are off. I know nothing about that environment. So, some clarification on your part is in order.

D
Do you know what a pro plus controller is? It's an RC remote controller with inbuilt android screen.
It's made by DJI for the Phantom 4 Pro. I keep trying to tell you this but it seems like you aren't reading my posts.
Anyway I'm glad someone learned something here lol.

Last edited:
Do you know what a pro plus controller is? It's an RC remote controller with inbuilt android screen.
It's made by DJI for the Phantom 4 Pro.
Ahhh....no....I did not know you were talking about the Pro+. I see where you amended your original post. I must have answered your query without re-reading your OP with the amendment. That said, they are still 2 different components. But I see how "controller" is kind of a gray area term that one might use to describe either.

Now that I know that we're essentially talking about an Android tablet, this is out of my wheel house. And in fact, even the iOS Go 4 version I've been pushing (v4.0.8) may not directly translate to Android.

I keep trying to tell you this but it seems like you aren't reading my posts.
If I go by your posts, we'd still be talking about the Go app, which doesn't interface with ANY version of the Phantom series.

And as long as you're picking nits, your syntax of "pro +" instead of "Pro+" is also confusing. "pro + controller" means a "pro" IN ADDITION to a controller. "Pro+ controller" means a ProPlus Controller - "Pro+" becomes a model name. "Pro +" means you're adding something. Putting a space between "Pro" and "+" completely changes the meaning. So...take some responsibility here. Your communication is less than stellar.

Yes, agreed. I hope you learned the importance of good vernacular and syntax to impart clear meaning.

All that said....

Why don't you just Google "How to uninstall Android apps"???

Here's the result of literally 5 seconds of "research."

===================================
Search Modes
All

About 69,700,000 results (0.68 seconds)
Search Results

Featured snippet from the web​

Delete apps that you installed
  1. Open the Google Play Store app .
  2. At the top right, tap the Profile icon.
  3. Tap Manage apps & devices. Manage.
  4. Tap the name of the app you want to delete.
  5. Tap Uninstall.
Delete or disable apps on Android - Android Help

Delete or disable apps on Android - Google Support

==========================================

You don't need a drone forum to learn how to uninstall apps on an Android tablet (even if it is proprietary). Google is your friend.

D

It's made by DJI for the Phantom 4 Pro.
Ahhh....no....I did not know you were talking about the Pro+. I see where you amended your original post. I must have answered your query without re-reading your OP with the amendment. That said, they are still 2 different components. But I see how "controller" is kind of a gray area term that one might use to describe either.

Now that I know that we're essentially talking about an Android tablet, this is out of my wheel house. And in fact, even the iOS Go 4 version I've been pushing (v4.0.8) may not directly translate to Android.

I keep trying to tell you this but it seems like you aren't reading my posts.
If I go by your posts, we'd still be talking about the Go app, which doesn't interface with ANY version of the Phantom series.

And as long as you're picking nits, your syntax of "pro +" instead of "Pro+" is also confusing. "pro + controller" means a "pro" IN ADDITION to a controller. "Pro+ controller" means a ProPlus Controller - "Pro+" becomes a model name. "Pro +" means you're adding something. Putting a space between "Pro" and "+" completely changes the meaning. So...take some responsibility here. Your communication is less than stellar.

Yes, agreed. I hope you learned about the importance of good vernacular and syntax to impart clear meaning.

All that said....

Search Modes

All

Search Results

5. Tap Uninstall.
https://support.google.com/android/answer/2521768?hl=en

https://support.google.com/android/answer/2521768?hl=en

You don't need a drone forum to learn how to uninstall apps on an Android. Google is your friend.

D

Yes, agreed. I hope you learned about the importance of good vernacular and syntax to impart clear meaning.

All that said....

Search Modes

All

Search Results

5. Tap Uninstall.

You don't need a drone forum to learn how to uninstall apps on an Android. Google is your friend.

D
I NEVER "amended" altered or edited any of my previous posts. You have no idea about the very spefic issues in regards to this specific controller, it's not "basic" android issues. Hence my call out for assistance. Since you have no SPECIFICS which would apply to this issue I have no idea why you persist. You can consider your help appreciated and I'll wait until such time someone with specific experience chimes in, until such time I'll continue to experiment.

I NEVER "amended" altered or edited any of my previous posts. You have no idea about the very spefic issues in regards to this specific controller, it's not "basic" android issues. Hence my call out for assistance. Since you have no SPECIFICS which would apply to this issue I have no idea why you persist. You can consider your help appreciated and I'll wait until such time someone with specific experience chimes in, until such time I'll continue to experiment.
Touché. So you're saying that the normal Android uninstall regimen doesn't work?

Question: Does the Pro+ come preloaded with DJI's apps? In other words, does the tablet use an OEM "locked down" version of the Android OS?

D

Hello I'm in an area where I could use some options for my wifi controller frequencies.
I have the old .DJI.configs file and am able to find the proper folder to put it in on the controller but I'm still not getting any change in the Dji Go app indicating it's working just 13-20.
Any help would be much appreciated.
P.S. I have a couple of F.C.C. licenses that allow me to operate within those extended channels. DE AA7IS.

SORRY I intended to post this in the phantom 4 pro + thread.
The Android GO version on the P4P+ is proprietary to the P4P+. It is likely locked to prevent recognizing the prohibited frequencies, despite your being uniquely licensed to use them, just not from the P4P+ RC . You can keep experimenting all you want, but I doubt you'll have any success on the P4P+ RC. As others have tried to tell you, using the standard P4P controller will allow you to use a nonproprietary Android or iOS tablet that may work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harleydude

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl