32 Channel Hack

Hi i have an android and when i try to use the 32 channel hack it works when the rc is on but when i switch the p3a on it keeps going back to 8 channels. Any help on what im doing wrong?

You should change it when the P3A is connected. The channel value is stored in the P3A. So if you change it without the P3A connected, when the P3A is connected it shows what it has in memory.
This hack is only for the video transmission send by the P3 back to the remote control.

I missed the original thread in regards to the 32 channel hack, so Im sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but based on the few posts here, does this hack allow you to select one specific channle of 32, that your video transmission will be locked onto? If so, wouldnt that allow you to use fatshark (or other) goggles yo also monitor the video, and if so, does it include the OSD info?

I missed the original thread in regards to the 32 channel hack, so Im sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but based on the few posts here, does this hack allow you to select one specific channle of 32, that your video transmission will be locked onto? If so, wouldnt that allow you to use fatshark (or other) goggles yo also monitor the video, and if so, does it include the OSD info?
Yes, the hack allows the custom selection of any one of 32 channels.
(Note to readers - some regions don't permit custom settings so mobile devices in those regions need to be set to a region that does permit it. Usually people who choose to use the hack set their mobile devices to US)

Unrelated to the hack, yes you can use goggles (or an external monitor) to see the video. You would normally need the HDMI module added to your RC. Yes, you can see some OSD with the goggles.

If i can set the video to a fixed channel, wouldnt I then be able to set my goggles to that same channle and bypass the need for the HDMI output module?

If i can set the video to a fixed channel, wouldnt I then be able to set my goggles to that same channle and bypass the need for the HDMI output module?
That question is over my head, but I would assume that your goggles could not decrypt the Lightbridge signal directly and you'd need the decryption to take place in the RC. If anyone knows differently then please correct me.

That question is over my head, but I would assume that your goggles could not decrypt the Lightbridge signal directly and you'd need the decryption to take place in the RC. If anyone knows differently then please correct me.
Also Lightbridge operate at 2.4 GHz and your google probably around 5.8 GHz. So, no way baby.

Reactions: Oso
You should change it when the P3A is connected. The channel value is stored in the P3A. So if you change it without the P3A connected, when the P3A is connected it shows what it has in memory.
This hack is only for the video transmission send by the P3 back to the remote control.

I tried the hack today and no go. Newest firmware for RC and Aircraft. Only shows 8 channels

Reactions: JoBe
I do use an iPad..I'll take a peek..thanks...hope it works
I'm confident you'll get it. I dont think I've ever seen it not work if the steps are followed carefully. Good luck sir.

I'm confident you'll get it. I dont think I've ever seen it not work if the steps are followed carefully. Good luck sir.
I have the unzipped DJICONFIGS file that was sent to me and installed it in the DJI app via iTunes. I see the file in the DJI APP via iTunes but still no go. I wonder if the file the fella sent me was bad? I tried the zip download but the zip file is empty??grrrrr

I have the unzipped DJICONFIGS file that was sent to me and installed it in the DJI app via iTunes. I see the file in the DJI APP via iTunes but still no go. I wonder if the file the fella sent me was bad? I tried the zip download but the zip file is empty??grrrrr
Are you following the steps I sent you using the file I sent you? Are you using a Mac or PC? Do you know how to show hidden files after you've unzipped?

I am using a MAC..I tried all 3 ways to see hidden files and am not seeing any files in the zip file. Can you send me to where a good zip file may be..That might be it. I'm still trying

I am using a MAC..I tried all 3 ways to see hidden files and am not seeing any files in the zip file. Can you send me to where a good zip file may be..That might be it. I'm still trying
I already sent you a good zip file. Its in the post I sent you earlier. Just please read the entire post, then proceed. It will work.

Hey all

Im a bit newbie in this.
Should i choose channel auto or custom? If custom which one and why?

What is channel 32 and what is it good for?

Sorry for too many questions :))

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey all

Im a bit newbie in this.
Should i choose channel auto or custom? If custom which one and why?

What is channel 32 and what is it good for?

Sorry for too many questions :))

Sent from my SM-G900FD using PhantomPilots mobile app
At start it is better to use auto so the P3 will found itself a usable channel for the video for you.
Note that this channel story is only related to the video, not to the remote control and telemetry, they are always auto.
Later you can maybe use custom as the default auto are using the same frequencies as the Wifi. So in urban area there could be a lot of interference due to Wifi if you start to have your P3 too fare away. In open space it doesn't really matter.
Note that these channels (1-12) and (21-32) are not legal in most country as they are used for other purposes. Only the 13-20 channels are free to use for the P3 but it has to be shared with any electronic device (including microwave oven, wifi) that operate in the free 2.4 GHz band. Also the DJI channels are not the same as Wifi channels, that's 2 different stories.
The disadvantage of using custom is that you will have to troubleshoot yourself that you have an interference issue and you need to change channel. Also depending on the antenna you have on the remote control, the channel can be at a frequency where the antenna is totally inefficient. Most of antennas are designed to operate in the range of 2.4 - 2.5 GHz (Wifi range, DJI channels 13-20).
So to summarize, better auto and if it didn't work well then switch to custom channels, but then you have to understand and handle it.

Reactions: t2adze
Also Lightbridge operate at 2.4 GHz and your google probably around 5.8 GHz. So, no way baby.

You have FPV receivers and goggles for 5.8, 2.4 and 1.2/1.3 GHz bands. Almost forgot, the new 3.3 GHz band too, although still rare. But thats not the issue, the phantom sends a digitally encoded h264 video stream. The exact protocol is probably even proprietary/secret.

Fatsharks and the like work with an analog PAL or NTSC video signal. That has its advantages, but its completely incompatible. Almost like connecting a 2.4 GHz wifi antenna to an old CRT TV and hoping to receive youtube :).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj