3 disconnect today

Reaction score
So I was working from home today and did some flight in the morning and things were all good. I decided to do some flying after work today and after a little bit of flying, I got a disconnected error. I switched to GPS mode and was able to land her fine. I then flew a little more trying out some tracking features and again - got a disconnect. Again, took control and landed her. I was then flying her close to me and just walking home and got another disconnect. So at this point I got a bit worried. But I figured, lets restart everything and do a compass recalibration test again. I was able to get through a battery ok without a disconnect.

Any thoughts to why I kept getting disconnected? Seems like a compass calibration fixed it, but I was flying in the same area as I did this morning. I normally only do a compass calibration when I go to a new location.

Thankfully I always keep an eye on the drone and was able to land her without issues each time.

Since you still had control then the disconnect error is most likely something with your phone or tablet. And you say you switched to gps mode?what mode were you flying in

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Since you still had control then the disconnect error is most likely something with your phone or tablet. And you say you switched to gps mode?what mode were you flying in

I was flying in F-GPS since I was using some of the automated systems. I always keep my finger on the mode switch in case I need to take control. So as soon as I heard it say disconnect I took control and brought it back. Haven't looked at all the video footage yet, but it did seem to keep recording.

I was using my iPhone 7 which I use mostly. I sometimes use my iPad Air 2 as well, but never had a disconnect with that one. Will try to do more testing tomorrow if the weather is nice to see if it happens again. But at this point, I'll just calibrate the compass before each flight.

When it disconnects do you lose video on the phone?i have a 7 plus but rarely ever fly with it unless I'm doing vr.i had that happen once with a tablet but waited it out and video came back after about 30 seconds.

When it disconnects do you lose video on the phone?i have a 7 plus but rarely ever fly with it unless I'm doing vr.i had that happen once with a tablet but waited it out and video came back after about 30 seconds.

Video goes frozen. I tried opening both litchi and Go app and both show disconnected. So landed. Turned everything off and on and tried again. Wasn't really until the compass calibration that I was able to fly the rest of th battery without any disconnect.

So just watched some of the footage and the only odd thing about the flight was that I used RTH after a couple of missions. It seemed that the disconnects started after that. Not sure if it's related or not...but just remembered that as I'm looking at the footage.

Did you have one or the other app running in the background? I've had all kinds of disconnects, failure ot load mission, etc if Go or Litchi is still in background. Had to force stop both and then start desired program. Just a thought. I also noticed, using a tablet for fpv, that if my phones wifi was on, it may cause interference, weird notices.

That could be the case since I was using my iphone 7 which is my main phone and usually has tons of apps running on it. Next time I'll check more and test it out.

Today I flew three batteries full of flights with no issue. So thats good.

Did you have one or the other app running in the background? I've had all kinds of disconnects, failure ot load mission, etc if Go or Litchi is still in background. Had to force stop both and then start desired program. Just a thought. I also noticed, using a tablet for fpv, that if my phones wifi was on, it may cause interference, weird notices.

So new thought...could it be a bad battery? I was flying today and used all three batteries. During one flight I noticed issues with moving from video to photo. Also it seemed to stop recording video at odd times and then started again. Checking the video it seems like some parts where cut or have weird snow effect on it (will get video sometime to show). But looking at the my healthydrone logs it was one battery during the bad time. Will go back and check if its the same battery during the initial issue. But at least got a new theory.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerials