2 Hawkes down

yes ive read the thread i just need to find out how to uninstall the app from the ipad using itunes and start from there, question tho: do i need to update firmware for the remote using a usb stick? and i read also the battery needs firmware upgrade ...I have a headache from reading

yes ive read the thread i just need to find out how to uninstall the app from the ipad using itunes and start from there, question tho: do i need to update firmware for the remote using a usb stick? and i read also the battery needs firmware upgrade ...I have a headache from reading

Lol, okay, the RC has to be upgraded to the latest version. After that, your gimbal (camera) has to be upgraded which also upgrades the battery in the bird. After that, you have to place each battery that you have in the bird which then upgrades that battery. You have to do this for each battery.

But, didn't you already upgrade the AC and the App? You only need to upgrade each battery. I would however, recommend just using the first battery that you started with. I'm sure that battery is already updated. So, since your App will be updated, and your AC already has the firmware and the first battery you started with is updated, that is all you need. This is where you will start once you have uninstalled the app and re-installed it.

Are you trying to fly two P3A's with the same controller at the same time? Or, are you trying to fly two P3A's each with their own remotes? If the latter, you may have to ensure that the remote's aren't both connecting to both birds or both remotes may be confused to what bird they are connected to. I would work with one bird first and take it up for a test. If all is well, shut that bird down and then try the other. This should give you some insight into what is going on. Maybe that is what you are already doing, but you weren't too clear in what you are trying to do with these two birds.
One remote will not connect to two separate P3s, so that is not an issue.

What I mean by the RC has to be upgraded to the latest version is of the App. The RC (Remote Controller) is updated via the app, not a usb stick. The USB stick is the older version of updating the RC. On the AC, the firmware is updated via the SD card by putting the .bin file on the sd card and powering up the AC. It will automatically update the AC and the battery that is in the bird at the time.

Hi Richard, your old friend here. I think when you do that, you are just deleting the icon and not uninstalling the app. I could be wrong, do you have a manual for that?
Wow, you are giving out a lot of wrong info here. Tapping the X does delete the app.

Reactions: Pharm
Yes, you are right, but only if your remote is connected to the aircraft (AC). I have to step out for a bit. But... if you look to the right at the top of this page, you will see a magnifying glass. Click on that and you will be able to type in a search item. Type in... link remote to aircraft. You will see various threads that pop up and you will be able to link the remote to the aircraft. I will be back soon and will see how you are doing. Sorry for having to leave in the middle of this. You are doing great. Do the search and good luck.
No, he does not need to do any of this. He needs to get his tablet connected so he can calibrate his compass and get his settings correct. You are getting WAY ahead of things and making something simple absolutely difficult and confusing.

Wow, you are giving out a lot of wrong info here. Tapping the X does delete the app.

You may be right there. I am doing my best to get this guy up and running. However, I don't use iOS. Usually in most software, just x'ing the icon deletes the icon. If I am wrong, then take over and help this guy. I did get him to where the bird is at least starting up properly and now he needs to uninstall the app. If you can take over from here, please do so. Are you willing to help him from here? I will tell him that an iOS expert is here and he will help you from here. Okay? Let me know.

No, he does not need to do any of this. He needs to get his tablet connected so he can calibrate his compass and get his settings correct. You are getting WAY ahead of things and making something simple absolutely difficult and confusing.

Don't get demeaning, Yes that is where I left him off. To connect to the tablet. You can take it from here. Are you willing to do that? Linking the AC to RC.

By the way, the red dot on the on/off switch is normal just indicates that the battery is on. The green bars indicate level of charge. When you have the batteries on the charger, they should be blinking with more of them lighting up as the battery charges. When fully charged, all the lights should turn off. Then take it off the charger, press the on button once to wake the battery up, the bars should start flashing, then again to fully turn it on, the bars should glow steady indicating level of charge.
Still not sure why you can't open the app. I usually have my iPad off and connected through the sub cable. When I turn the remote control on (same procedure as the batteries), the iPad also turns on. After unlocking the iPad, I can open the Go app which will show that the bird is not connected until I turn it on. Once we figure out the battery problem, try changing the order that you turn everything on. Also, I think that you still have to initially register the bird with DJI before the motors will turn on.
You mentioned that when the app did come up it keep asking you to choose your bird. That's because the app will work on nay of the phantoms and you have to tell it which one (may not if the bird is on and linked already).

I think you are confused. Re-read the entire thread and catch up.
No need, there is no auto record in the DJI GO app.
Don't get demeaning, Yes that is where I left him off. To connect to the tablet. You can take it from here. Are you willing to do that? Linking the AC to RC.
No, He can read the manual. It is the best advise. All of this can be answered in the owners manual. It is less confusing and there are pictures and diagrams.
I would suggest he start with another ipad, or trying a different cable. Also power on the remote first, then quad, then after five seconds plug the tablet into the remote.
I f he wants to further try the iPad he has, I would suggest a factory reset.

Reactions: Pharm
Sorry if some of my comments seem disjointed, I missed several posts in the thread. Looks like he is making progress.

No, He can read the manual. It is the best advise. All of this can be answered in the owners manual. It is less confusing and there are pictures and diagrams.
I would suggest he start with another ipad, or trying a different cable. Also power on the remote first, then quad, then after five seconds plug the tablet into the remote.

Oh my gosh. You are full of advice and Armageddon has arrived. Do a complete factory reset. Good advice HWCM.

Yes you are right. There is no auto record in DJI GO. I made a mistake. And as a human being I am entitled to that. At least I admit my mistakes. Then I pick up from there and get it done. All you do is complain and point out others mistakes but take no responsibility of your own. You just suggest Armageddon tactics.

Reactions: dirkclod
Are you trying to fly two P3A's with the same controller at the same time? Or, are you trying to fly two P3A's each with their own remotes? If the latter, you may have to ensure that the remote's aren't both connecting to both birds or both remotes may be confused to what bird they are connected to. I would work with one bird first and take it up for a test. If all is well, shut that bird down and then try the other. This should give you some insight into what is going on. Maybe that is what you are already doing, but you weren't too clear in what you are trying to do with these two birds.

You cannot connect an RC to two Phantoms at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: HWCM
Hey Bonzokaye, I apologize that this thread has taken on a life of it's own, and not conducive to your problem. I hope with the search feature of this forum, you have been able to find much of what you need to know. I wish you luck and hope you get your birds in the air soon. It is possible, don't give up. If you have any questions, ask. I'll do the best I can. There are many experts on here that can really help. There are also many who just like to talk and throw in their 2 cents. That is their right too. Take it all for what it is worth. Happy flying soon.

Reactions: HWCM
Yes you are right. There is no auto record in DJI GO. I made a mistake. And as a human being I am entitled to that. At least I admit my mistakes. Then I pick up from there and get it done. All you do is complain and point out others mistakes but take no responsibility of your own. You just suggest Armageddon tactics.
Okay, you know me so well. I guess you would like a congratulations or a pat on the back.
Carry on.

i appreciate all the feedback and can read between the lines about where to from here, hey today i spun the motors lolz what a breakthru, however i still have been unable to get the app going im just stuck on the "connect your DJI device" However I still havent managed to properly uninstall the app from the ipad, i had password issues so i created a whole new profile but still no can connect

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik