2.4 or 5.8?

Reaction score
I seem to recall reading that 2.4G is for video and 5.8 is for controls. Lately i have needed to switch the frequencies at preflight because my 4 pro plus screen is showing 2.4 as working.
I guess my question should be: Can someone clairify this for me? I'm a little unsure and i think i may have (almost) had a flyaway today. Luckily, i noticed something was wrong and was able to land without incident. Thanks in advance...
R Mertz

I seem to recall reading that 2.4G is for video and 5.8 is for controls. Lately i have needed to switch the frequencies at preflight because my 4 pro plus screen is showing 2.4 as working.
I guess my question should be: Can someone clairify this for me? I'm a little unsure and i think i may have (almost) had a flyaway today. Luckily, i noticed something was wrong and was able to land without incident. Thanks in advance...
R Mertz
Your P4 pro gives you 2 frequency bands that can be used for flight control, 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz.
Having the choice helps to minimise interference.
If one is having problems with interference, try the other band and it may be better.

That's what i was thinking. After last update, my controler seems to put the 2.4 as working. After i first noticed this, i went to the 5.8 and found what i think was zero interference due to nothing happening. Instinctively, i switched it to 5.8 thinking that i would rather the 5.8 for my controls vs video. Is this a wrong move?
Forgot to mention. On this flight, i was in a hurry and forgot to switch my controler to 5.8. This raised my suspicion that perhaps i should have?

I had thought that the controller itself was aways at 2.4 and that the video signal could use either frequency... I do know that 2.4 should theoretically have a longer range, since it is a lower frequency, though it will be more prone to interference because it is more common...

Warning: some of the above has come from an orifice other than my mouth.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak