2.4 ghz booster 1W

hi what do you think about this ?

2.4 GHz WLAN Booster / Verstärker | 1000mW / 1 Watt / 30dBm | 2x2 MIMO, 300MBit | eBay

the 2,4 ghz for Videotrans. to have more stable video.
at the moment I using Argtek and sometimes changing the antennas but now I would like to boost up the signal of the 2 x 2,4 ghz lines and to use one panel for both together.
I use amps myself with a DBS, have two 2.4 wifi amps @ 2.5 watts, and a 5.8 amp @ 2 watts. Personaly I would get a min of a 2 watt amp for the wifi, no less.

Maybe this will help:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Here's my setup before my amps were added, but this is the hard part:
DBS mod.jpg
Inside of RC DBS mod.jpg

I know this how to do ,thanks :)
but you send me the link with a booster and the booster need energy.
is it possible to take the rc as battery?

the gold one on 5v?
so it can run with a dc to USB adapter on a 5v power bank?
so I connect this between one of the 2,4 ghz and the antenna and then switch it on and the range of the video trans should be better? :)

the gold one on 5v?
so it can run with a dc to USB adapter on a 5v power bank?
so I connect this between one of the 2,4 ghz and the antenna and then switch it on and the range of the video trans should be better? :)
Yes to both. That's one reason the gold amps are better. More power options and they are half the size and wight.

what do you think how big would be the distance in town when I would put 2 of this amp inside for each of the antenna for video downlink. that should be easy 500 m?!

what do you think how big would be the distance in town when I would put 2 of this amp inside for each of the antenna for video downlink. that should be easy 500 m?!
Depends on what your getting currently. I would guess an increase of maybe 50% at most.
New setup:
IMAG0268.jpg
IMAG0269.jpg

great :)

i will order the same amp and will build in inside so that only the antennas comes out and the battery of a size of half pack of cigarettes on the back where the dc to usb plugs comes out.

I see Hobby King do boosters for 2.4 and 5.8 ..... both can run of a 3S lipo.

Thinking to investigate their use ....

One question that is unanswered - the 2.4 on the standard is split to two antennae. Is one Tx and other Rx or is it one rec'g telemetry and other video ? Why two ?

Nigel

I see Hobby King do boosters for 2.4 and 5.8 ..... both can run of a 3S lipo.

Thinking to investigate their use ....

One question that is unanswered - the 2.4 on the standard is split to two antennae. Is one Tx and other Rx or is it one rec'g telemetry and other video ? Why two ?

Nigel
From my understanding they are the same. They are not Tx vs Rx, or video vs telemetry. The wifi module simply switches between them back and forth, which ever one is receiving a stronger signal at the moment.

Reason I ask is it could affect how the boosters are used. For the 5.8 it is simply fit and go.
But having two antenna for 2.4 may not be just a simple matter of installing two boosters.

Nigel

Do you guys think that installing the boosters inside the RC could cause interference?
There's no room inside to install two amps, and even if there were I wouldn't.

That's 2W booster on 2.4Ghz and a 2W booster on the 5.8Ghz .....

Power supplied by the 6.6V LiFe battery on velcro .... 2.4Ghz booster is rated to 5V maximum and therefore I have a BEC of 5V fitted to drop the LiFe voltage down ...

I am thinking to add another 2.4Ghz booster to the other antenna because I get occasional disconnects on video ... and previous info of each antenna does both two way is possibly not correct. It appears to not be diversity.

But still I have good range of over 4500m ... not bad for a P3S !!

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic