1UAS GIMBEL FOR FLIR VUE PRO ??

Reaction score
Does anybody know anybody that using the system and or setup combination

Can't believe there isn't somebody that has this gimbal setup.

We've looked at them several times but have not ordered anything yet (don't have the camera yet either).

We've looked at them several times but have not ordered anything yet (don't have the camera yet either).
Can't seem to find anybody that has one or is using it

Can't seem to find anybody that has one or is using it

That in and of itself should throw a Red Flag up on it. It would for me anyway.

That in and of itself should throw a Red Flag up on it. It would for me anyway.
I really haven't seen any negative nevermind positive reviews

I've seen the website before and it looks interesting but just reinforces what I've been complaining about for quite a while. That we shouldn't have to have to jury rig something like this. There is no reason in my mind that DJI can't R&D up a model of the Phantom with a "public safety/rescue" version which incorporates a camera with short range digital zoom similar to what is found in most cellphones as well as a basic thermal camera.
This would be perfect for those performing Search and Rescue missions such as looking for elderly nursing home residents who wandered off, lost hikers, etc. It would benefit those of us using it in a Security role to be able to hover at 200' over a parking lot and, if we spot something unusual, zoom in to get a better look while still staying high enough to avoid attracting too much attention.
I don't care about 4K or higher resolution or cinematic modes. I mostly record in 1080 or 720. I'm not color grading my photos. I'm attaching them to incident reports about suspicious persons.
With the vast numbers of departments and companies using the Phantoms for these sorts of tasks it boggles my mind that we are still forced to perform these aftermarket retrofits instead of being able to purchase a Phantom model with all of this built in and ready to operate out of the box.

There is no reason in my mind that DJI can't R&D up a model of the Phantom with a "public safety/rescue" version which incorporates a camera with short range digital zoom similar to what is found in most cellphones as well as a basic thermal camera.

But that would detract from their commercial drone sales, all of which have thermal imaging solutions... :(

Reactions: Cellblock776
But that would detract from their commercial drone sales, all of which have thermal imaging solutions... :(
That's like saying, why outfit a Mavic with a 4k camera when you have a
P4P

I've seen the website before and it looks interesting but just reinforces what I've been complaining about for quite a while. That we shouldn't have to have to jury rig something like this. There is no reason in my mind that DJI can't R&D up a model of the Phantom with a "public safety/rescue" version which incorporates a camera with short range digital zoom similar to what is found in most cellphones as well as a basic thermal camera.
This would be perfect for those performing Search and Rescue missions such as looking for elderly nursing home residents who wandered off, lost hikers, etc. It would benefit those of us using it in a Security role to be able to hover at 200' over a parking lot and, if we spot something unusual, zoom in to get a better look while still staying high enough to avoid attracting too much attention.
I don't care about 4K or higher resolution or cinematic modes. I mostly record in 1080 or 720. I'm not color grading my photos. I'm attaching them to incident reports about suspicious persons.
With the vast numbers of departments and companies using the Phantoms for these sorts of tasks it boggles my mind that we are still forced to perform these aftermarket retrofits instead of being able to purchase a Phantom model with all of this built in and ready to operate out of the box.

That's like saying, why outfit a Mavic with a 4k camera when you have a
P4P

That's why DJI created their Enterprise Solutions Division. That's where the M series (M100 and up including the new Public Safety oriented M210) comes into play. They give you a platform with "integration" from the factory and on a more robust and "Tweak Friendly" platform. These units are designed to be "Lifters" and able to carry a varied array of payloads where the Phantom/Mavic series are designed around a specific camera and don't have "reserved capacity" to carry off-set or heavier payloads.

Would I love a plug-n-play Thermal for the Phantom series from DJI? Absolutely but why would DJI invest the R&D into that limited platform when they already have a solution in their Enterprise selection?

That's why DJI created their Enterprise Solutions Division. That's where the M series (M100 and up including the new Public Safety oriented M210) comes into play. They give you a platform with "integration" from the factory and on a more robust and "Tweak Friendly" platform. These units are designed to be "Lifters" and able to carry a varied array of payloads where the Phantom/Mavic series are designed around a specific camera and don't have "reserved capacity" to carry off-set or heavier payloads.

Would I love a plug-n-play Thermal for the Phantom series from DJI? Absolutely but why would DJI invest the R&D into that limited platform when they already have a solution in their Enterprise selection?
For those on a budget

Testing and learning it now....1uas doesn't give any paper intructions and the videos are rough. quality of printed hardware works but can use some QA/QC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20