17-JUL DJI announces new upgrade for Zenmuse H3-2D users

My local hobby shop tells me there are a lot of problems with the Zenmuse H3-2D. A lot of complaints and returns. Will only work with the Hero 3 Black Edition, Is this true? They sure want a lot of this hunk of hardware, if it has a high failure rate why spend the money? It seems there are less expensive gimbals on the market, what makes this one so special?

I submitted my order for theupgrade kit and zenmuse h3-2d last night with ATL Hobby and they tell me this morning the kit and gimbal are back ordered and they are just now filling orders from last month.

He said if they only get in about 50 of ea i'm out of luck til the next go round but if they send him 100 of ea i'm in luck.

But for now they are sending my motors, props and case. I guess that will keep me busy for a few weeks.

Audaciter said:
I ordered one from Aerial Media Pro's. They showed it being available 08/30, but I got a notice from them yesterday
that it shipped. Now they show them in stock. :D
If it comes in, let us know. Many of us have them ordered.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audaciter said:
I ordered one from Aerial Media Pro's. They showed it being available 08/30, but I got a notice from them yesterday
that it shipped. Now they show them in stock. :D

Thanks for the heads up on that! After confirming that they have remaining stock, I cancelled a pre-order elsewhere and placed an order with AMP. I also asked whether any info had been provided on the newly announced iOSDmini and BT modules. Nothing to date, so they're probably several weeks out (at least...).

Steve

jfalsken said:
My local hobby shop tells me there are a lot of problems with the Zenmuse H3-2D. A lot of complaints and returns. Will only work with the Hero 3 Black Edition, Is this true? They sure want a lot of this hunk of hardware, if it has a high failure rate why spend the money? It seems there are less expensive gimbals on the market, what makes this one so special?
I guess since no one answered you I'll chime in. I've had the Phantom since February, after seeing some of my footage, quickly realized I needed to stabilize my footage. I got some free software and found it to be too "warpy", for me. I then purchased the Jakub V2.0, and played around with the gains for weeks before giving up on the pitch gains. The Gimbal just wasn't smooth enough for me. I then bought the Arris CM2000, and was really excited for the arrival. If you go this route PLEASE BE ADVISED this is not for beginners. This gimbal has some serious flaws, that you have to use B.G.C. software to reset settings and "tweak" in the horizon. Its so noisy, and glitchy, I had to breakdown and purchase the brushless wonder from DJI. And it is awesome with a lifetime warranty from defect. No noise, No glitch, No new software to get accustomed to, Just smooth video. Although maybe flights have become more muted, as far as "feel" goes when Flying F.P.V.

My Local Hobby shop has been telling me there is a lot of soldering and trouble getting updates. Only works with the Hero 3 line and many people are having tons of problems. That is a lot of money for something that has a lot of problems. I would imagine that the warranty only holds up, if you let a dealer do the install and testing.

I have read about a new upgraded board, but it's only for H3-2D users. Why wouldn't other Gimbals make use of the new features of the new upgrade board? What does this H3-2D do that other Gimbals don't measure up? For $700 bucks you could buy a second Phantom or move up to a larger copter. It seems one would be better off putting the money into a better radio controller, to prevent the chance of fly-offs. Before, one added the H3-2D and all the improvements needed to make it work. It seems every Hobby Shop has their own favorite Gimbal make. As far as noise goes there is the prop and motor sound, that is annoying to most friends watching the videos one shares. Which is why many people dub in music or voice-over.

As a newbie, I am trying to get a handle for things down the road and I want to plan out the purchases in an effort to reduce costs and not buying an item a second time or third time. I am sure the local Hobby Shop wants to sell me what he has in stock. The forum does post a lot of problems with the H3-2D and very few positive ones. So, far no one has come up with a solid reason for paying the $700 for the H3-2D. All the sites just offer photos of the H23-2D and very little in the details of how to install it or keep it running. Very little data on the upgrade board as well. Starting to feel like a Crash test dummy!

jfalsken, like most Forums, you only see the problems being posted up. Very few people post about the success and as a result forums can give a very biased appraisal of a product.

The Zenmuse is designed to improve video quality. "Hard Flying" doesn't help and will overwork the Gimbal. I don't believe the Gimbal was designed to compensate for it anyway. Hopefully now there has been a Firmware update to offer some protection to the Gimbal the complaints will just be about it resetting.

There are probably thousands of Zenmuse H3-2D's out there. How many complaints do you see. The same with Fly Aways. If it was common there would be many more forum users posting.

Take this Forum. There are 1804 registered users at the time of writing. If only 25% actually own a Phantom then that is still over 450 Phantoms. I haven't counted the number of Fly Aways posted but it would still be a small percentage. I read somewhere of one guy who had it happen to two different Phantoms. That suggests to me a user error rather than a technical fault.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj