17-JUL DJI announces new upgrade for Zenmuse H3-2D users

Reaction score
Well this looks like something new. Won't need current PMU v2 any longer, and here's the 7th channel lever at last...

ai15958125-75-thumb-board%20copy.jpg

DJI comes through with a great upgrade for Phantom users

DJI is pleased to release a new Upgrade Kit for the Phantom which gives a convenient solution for tilt control of the Zenmuse H3-2D using the Phantom TX. This upgrade makes it possible to obtain a greater filming experience and gives you more creative control.

Main Features:
Upgraded LED & MC board:

Integrated PMU
Additional 8 pin Interface for Gimbal
Additional 6 pin interface for Video link
Slide Lever on Phantom TX to enable simple tilt control for the Zenmuse H3-2D

a5958075-90-2.png

DJI will begin taking dealer orders in the last week of July.

Check out the Phantom on DJI's website.

I just find this amazing that the 'headline' for this is the 7th control. Maybe it's because the plug and play gimbal really WAS meant to be plug and play and all the soldering and additional PMU was a stop gap measure until this upgrade circuit board was available? I presume new Phantoms will have this upgraded board fitted.

It's a strange way to go about things, that's for sure...

I dont quite follow,. what's this board all about?
.it provides the same functionality as the PMU v2, just a bit cleaner of a setup?

and to release it AFTER releasing the Zenmuse,. I'd be pissed if I had just bout the Zenmuse to learn about this.

I'm suppose to install my Zenmuse this week. Not sure what to do now. Can someone explain this upgrade. DJI surely want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered and received the Zenmuse H3-2D for my Phantom; like many others, I didn't know I need to order the PMUv2 as well.

Just before I place another order for the PMUv2, I found this news. As this upgrade kit is the same price of the PMUv2 unit, and it is releasing soon, I decided to order this kit and have my Phantom and Zenmuse waiting for this new board.

Gizmo3000 said:
I dont quite follow,. what's this board all about?
.it provides the same functionality as the PMU v2, just a bit cleaner of a setup?

and to release it AFTER releasing the Zenmuse,. I'd be pissed if I had just bout the Zenmuse to learn about this.

You're right, it provides the same functionality as the PMU v2, just a bit cleaner of a setup. Also overall 28g lighter than using the PMUv2.

I think DJI releases Zenmuse not only for Phantom so it decided to separate the Phantom upgrade kit from the Zenmuse package.

Gizmo3000 wrote:I dont quite follow,. what's this board all about?

You're right, it provides the same functionality as the PMU v2, just a bit cleaner of a setup. Also overall 28g lighter than using the PMUv2.

I think DJI releases Zenmuse not only for Phantom so it decided to separate the Phantom upgrade kit from the Zenmuse package.

It looks as if it will replace both the PMU V2, GCU V1, and the LED/Versatile unit. It looks like the Naza will not be
in the center of the board.

The site the picture is from is called "RP Innovations" in Singapore. Seems to be a DJI dealer, not truly a part of
DJI Innovations.

Their site carries a lot of non DJI stuff as well.
If you take a look at the Phantom pictures, the LED looks like a camera on a chip, for FPV flying.

There hasn't been anything posted about it on the DJI web site that I can find.

Yeah, I've been checking their site for info as well. It looks like a big problem solver, as far as space inside the
Phantom's shell is concerned. It will save a lot of weight too.

MisterG said:
Looks like Atlanta Hobby has this available for pre-order on their web site http://www.atlantahobby.com/Store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=17823. Has an ETA of 8/1.

There hasn't been anything posted about it on the DJI web site that I can find.

Talked to ATL hobby a few days ago because they said I should wait and not install my Zenmuse till the board came in, 1st week in Aug. if ATL Hobby is selling it, it must be DJI parts.

E

Something new to me from those instructions:

(1) The LED board needs to be replaced; a new one is included in the package.
(2) The Zenmuse's GCU and the PMU are both integrated (not only the PMUv2) onto the new board. It gives a really clean internal.

Can't wait to have it. I have all ready but this one.

Got word yesterday that DJI is getting the kinks out of both the new board and gimbal. Mid Aug as of now. I guess they are trying to get it right this time.

Great news, I just received a call from my supplier that they have received the first batch of the upgrade kit, and they will send one to me ASAP, I will have it on the coming Monday.

DJI Phantom doesn't seem to show anything as to full details on the installing of this update. That blurry image of the radio controller isn't going to cut it. Nothing is very clear about who needs this updated board and what it does. Wouldn't everyone installing a motorized gimbal benefit from this upgraded board?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4