Zoom and 360 degree rotation of Camera

Reaction score
Hi all. I have just been assigned as a member of the Civil Air Patrol Drone team for the Louisiana Wing. We purchased several of the DJI Phantom 4 Pro units that will be deployed in search and rescue missions when needed. We operate in two man teams, a Pilot and a Technician (AKA Spotter). These are fantastic machines and very user friendly.

I am thinking about purchasing one for my own use but would like to have a model where the gimble/camera would rotate 360 degrees and also have a zoom feature as well. I do not believe the Phantom 4 pro will do either. Does DJI make a drone with those features.

Thank you very much,

Mike Griffin

You rotate the aircraft (yaw) to get the 360 degrees of view. Gimbal will not do that. Same effect.

You rotate the aircraft (yaw) to get the 360 degrees of view. Gimbal will not do that. Same effect.
Absolutely yes. Turning the drone around its vertical axis do the same as turning the camera around.
Rotating the camera won't go at Phantom as there are legs on both sides which you'll be filming then.
You can rotate the camera at the Inspire but be sure you need such option as it will be pretty expensive. If your company can handle the job with Phantoms I hardly believe that you really need the Inspire for your hobby.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj