Zeiss VR One Is a $100 Virtual Reality Case for Phone

Reaction score
This looks like a cool possibility. Carl Zeiss just announced VR One, a virtual reality headset for use with a smartphone. It's similar to the Gear VR by Samsung and Oculus, except at $100, it's cheaper.

tnxkaqhza5ffzsb68enj.png

http://gizmodo.com/zeiss-vr-one-is-a-10 ... 1644769253

Now all we need is a develop to create an app to make it work with the DJI app.

just got back from the first flight, worked like a charm --
setup: p3p, running litchi on a samsung s4.
as long as my signal was good it was tons o' fun to fly with em on
& the head tracking controls the gimbal tilt, super cool -- like a budget apache gunship!
i have zero VR experience, so nothing at all to compare it too, but i'm pretty hyped on this.
gonna run down to home depot & pickup some magnets to do the lil diy switch:

How is this working? Has anything, in your opinion, come along that's better in the last few months?
Also, What exactly is the magnet switch for and why is it not already part of the VR One.
Thanks!

I know it works great but you get half of the phone screen resolution and picture is not 16:9

I know it works great but you get half of the phone screen resolution and picture is not 16:9
Not surprised. So like a screen door affect? Their video promo shows it like an HD picture. :mad::)

Last edited:
Why id 16:9 needed? What's wrong with 4:3?

Why id 16:9 needed? What's wrong with 4:3?
You get used to what you keep on seeing. 16:9 is the most popular format these days. Tv, movies... All follow it.

Reactions: sonof40
Will this work with a iPhone 6 Plus?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are now many headsets available within the £25 range in the UK offering support for android and iPhone. Just ordered one now ready for when my P3A rocks up.

So the VR headset I have takes a 6/6s plus. It was £25 and first test is incredible using Litchi. I bought mine as follows Newest Virtoba X5 BOBOVR VR Z4 120° FOV 3D VR Glasses Virtual Reality Headset 3D Movie Video Game Private Theater with Headphone for 4.0 - 6.0 inches smartphone (X5 without Remote Control) Newest Virtoba X5 BOBOVR VR Z4 120° FOV 3D VR Glasses: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

So the VR headset I have takes a 6/6s plus. It was £25 and first test is incredible using Litchi. I bought mine as follows Newest Virtoba X5 BOBOVR VR Z4 120° FOV 3D VR Glasses Virtual Reality Headset 3D Movie Video Game Private Theater with Headphone for 4.0 - 6.0 inches smartphone (X5 without Remote Control) Newest Virtoba X5 BOBOVR VR Z4 120° FOV 3D VR Glasses: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

So that does work with my phone? Describe what the experience was like. Do they sell it in the US?

I guess it's available in the US. Basically it worked like a pair of FPV goggles but you need Litchi or another VR capable drone app. It gives you a 3D effect but otherwise it's pretty good. That said I'm not comfortable with full FPV as I like to be more aware of my surroundings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj