Wraps for P2V

Reaction score
Since buying the P2V I always have wanted to change the appearance in some way. I have always been the guy that doesn't want what everyone else has as for as the appearance goes. I almost had my mind made up that I would paint it for the make over. But I happen to be looking for something on ebay when I came across someone that had color wraps and I thought I'd go ahead and try it. So when I received it at home and opened what it came in, first thing that popped in my mind was "what the heck is this em-bread crap"!? I thought, "did this guy send me a 1970's t-shirt iron-on, or what"? It was a paper sticker that had to have been printed on the home printer. Now there is nothing wrong with doing it on the home printer as long as things are done correctly. So on the print side I saw arrows with wording like it was meant to be some kind of instructions. Sure enough it just happened to be instructing me that I would need to modify the already modified crap. Btw, did I mention I had to cut the printed wrap from the sheet it was printed on? I guarantee I would not have bought this project had I known all of what I experienced with it. Most all my local friends know I don't do anything halfass, or at least I intend to anyhow. I spent a good 90 minutes cutting everything the best I could. Anyway, I cut a circle in the middle where the lines on top of the P2V meet. I did this to help with applying the wrap. I saw right away it was not going to fit correctly so I used a hair dryer on low with hottest setting. Even using that I still ended up with 3-4 wrinkles. The entire project was a joke. If you stand at least 15ft away it looks ok. But when you come any closer you clearly see it's a mess.

I plan now is to order a spare body to paint. This way I wont have any down time. I'll most likely just paint the top cover for now, and then the rest maybe weather limits flying time.

If for some reason you just happen to be the one selling the wrap I bought you now know how I feel about your junk.

Attachments

• junkwrap2.jpg
    junkwrap2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 277

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj