Would you guys return this battery?

Reaction score
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I believe I have flown with this battery almost 10 times. It never showed anything on the major deviations except for the last two flights. Somebody I know recommended I discharge to 10% then recharge and see how it does. I will recharge it and try a couple more times but I will keep a close eye on it. I think ill probably end up returning it because it will always be in the back of my mind.

I assume that you let the battery warm up to the normal operating temperature before use? I found this to help a lot, in regards to lowering the amount of times that the cells deviate.

I had a similar issue. This is what I did.. I kept the craft really close and flew left it in a low hover in case there was a problem. I let it go all the way down to the DJI recommended level 8%. Landed it and charged it completely on the DJI Charger. Plugged it back in and noted that it was better but I still had more than the recommended level of deviations. I Took the battery back to Best Buy and got a replacement.

Where did you get the battery? If it was from a store don't bother with it. Take it back. If you got it from DJI or an online box store discharge it and try to get it back in balance.

I did have one that was a little out of whack that I recovered with a deep discharge though so all is not lost.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I don't particularly trust that site for battery details as whenever you see 'an issue' it's always cell one.
I've seen similar with one of mine and next time it was normal.
I wouldn't worry personally but try to check it again for the next few flights.
It's quite a hassle returning a battery and my feeling is the odd time like that is not actually a fault at all.

Call DJI and ask them

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I believe I have flown with this battery almost 10 times. It never showed anything on the major deviations except for the last two flights. Somebody I know recommended I discharge to 10% then recharge and see how it does. I will recharge it and try a couple more times but I will keep a close eye on it. I think ill probably end up returning it because it will always be in the back of my mind.
Healthy Drones is useful to an extent, but as noted earlier it is known for frequently showing cell 1 in the red. The author picked a number to use as the trigger for a major deviation. As he was working on it, he took advice from members here on changes to the settings for different things, and even changed the major deviation setting a time or two. He is the one who assigned when a cell shows red or not, and his choice of voltage deviation for that "red" trigger is not agreed upon universally by the community.

Healthy Drones does provide interesting data and I use it myself to possibly highlight something to watch for such as cell imbalance, but I personally assign much more weight to what DJI tells me either through the app or other documentation. If the app tells me the cells are green, I trust it more than Healthy Drones. Same as when the app shows me if cells are yellow, etc.

My expectation is that with use that battery of yours will even out more between cells. Since you asked this specific question, here's my answer: No, if it were mine I would not return it.

All that being said, you mentioned that it may always be in the back of your mind. That also carries a lot of weight. When you fly, you need to feel 100% percent confident in your equipment. That has a different meaning for every individual. If this battery causes you to be less than 100% confident, you should replace it.

Healthy Drones is useful to an extent, but as noted earlier it is known for frequently showing cell 1 in the red. The author picked a number to use as the trigger for a major deviation. As he was working on it, he took advice from members here on changes to the settings for different things, and even changed the major deviation setting a time or two. He is the one who assigned when a cell shows red or not, and his choice of voltage deviation for that "red" trigger is not agreed upon universally by the community.

Healthy Drones does provide interesting data and I use it myself to possibly highlight something to watch for such as cell imbalance, but I personally assign much more weight to what DJI tells me either through the app or other documentation. If the app tells me the cells are green, I trust it more than Healthy Drones. Same as when the app shows me if cells are yellow, etc.

My expectation is that with use that battery of yours will even out more between cells. Since you asked this specific question, here's my answer: No, if it were mine I would not return it.

All that being said, you mentioned that it may always be in the back of your mind. That also carries a lot of weight. When you fly, you need to feel 100% percent confident in your equipment. That has a different meaning for every individual. If this battery causes you to be less than 100% confident, you should replace it.
Thanks for your input. The app isn't warning me about anything so maybe I will cycle it a couple more times and see how it goes.

Battery life doesn't go down so easily, try to go for deep discharge charge cycle to recover it back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj