Winter Flying

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i will use my chinese foot warmer that you just plug in the usb, so in the car it will maintain the temperature for the batteries :D
It costs like 10$ so definitely a good price if i look at the 33$ P3 battery warmers...

Ha ha, great idea. Where can I get one of those things.

Bud

I think i will use my chinese foot warmer that you just plug in the usb, so in the car it will maintain the temperature for the batteries :D
It costs like 10$ so definitely a good price if i look at the 33$ P3 battery warmers...

Ha ha, great idea. Where can I get one of those things.

Bud
I have a pair exactly like the ones in the picture. Here is a link to the listing on ebay.

PS: I edited because it seems that the link doesn't work, or not allowed... In the ebay search paste this:

Winter-USB-Warmer-Foot-Shoes-Plush-Warm-Cute-Electric

and the first one is exactly the one that i have.

Last edited:
The thing that cracks me up is all the users on this forum who trash this guy. Where is your developed product? What are YOU doing thats so special in this industry thats making you money?
To be fair, I think what draws most of the negative attitude toward this guy is his approach which can, at times, feel spammy. As a vendor who probably sponsors the forum with money, he likely has some advertising privileges and is allowed to create posts about his product. But it's probably a little off putting to some when he finds too many advertising opportunities in other people's post. Nothing wrong with throwing in a comment here and there about your product if it applies. But I think some people see him as overselling sometimes.

Ive only had my Phantom 4 during the summer months, I was wondering how cold does it have to get in order to be grounded?
Hi, I saw your post and that got me thinking about the cold too. I live in Alaska and it is starting to get a bit colder. So far though, I've been flying just fine with the temps in the 20's and 30's. I have flown in fog but otherwise good weather. I didn't notice any appreciable loss of batter life that can be attributed to 20 degree F flying. I do worry about a unplanned water landing as I do fly over quite a bit of water, lagoon, ocean and such but so far so good.

hi this is my first post so a big hello to every one had my drones few months now but hadn't considered the colder westher
what is the most common ways of warming the batteries

To be fair, I think what draws most of the negative attitude toward this guy is his approach which can, at times, feel spammy. As a vendor who probably sponsors the forum with money, he likely has some advertising privileges and is allowed to create posts about his product. But it's probably a little off putting to some when he finds too many advertising opportunities in other people's post. Nothing wrong with throwing in a comment here and there about your product if it applies. But I think some people see him as overselling sometimes.
That's no BS ;)

hi this is my first post so a big hello to every one had my drones few months now but hadn't considered the colder westher

Welcome to the forum. Keep them close to your body. Simple and cheap.

Reactions: picachu
I asked the Mods about this and I was told that since he was a paid advertiser he could do this. I asked why there isn't a special section for advertisers and got no satisfactory answer. In my opinion, I don't think advertising should be permitted in the General discussion section of the Forum.

I'm on a half a dozen or more other forums and never see advertising lumped in with the General Discussion Section on any forum. It's not fair to the members to do this and it should be kept in a separate section.

I also don't appreciate advertising that contains outrageous unproven claims, and when I ask questions about these claims and don't get answers I begin to wonder if there's any truth to the advertising.

For example, apparently he has clients in Antarctica and Alaska that conduct research with a DJI Phantom 4 Pro at Minus 62 Degrees below FREEZING. I simply found this very hard to believe and asked questions about this and received no answer or proof to this claim. I asked about the claim that it keeps water out of the quad and also received no actual proof, just more talk directing me to a video that shows nothing. I asked about the claim that it keeps heat inside the quad. Again I received no proof of this claim either. I asked what tests were conducted and again I received no answers and no proof to substantiate his claims.

If there are clients in Alaska and the Antarctic, wouldn't a testimonial from either or both of these companies be a fantastic promotional item for this product? If it were me, I'd use that kind of advertising in a heartbeat.

That being said, if he's going to advertise a product in the General Discussion section of the forum where everyone can see it, then he should expect to have to answer questions with proof that back up his claims. Since I didn't get the answers to my questions I'm left wondering if there's any truth at all to the claims he makes about the product. I mean, don't we expect truth in advertising from all advertisers everywhere?

Bud

Last edited:
Reactions: FL_Mike
Hi;

Welcome to the forum.

As already mentioned, close to your body, or, in your vehicle until you're ready to use it. Someone said they used a USB sock warmer. Sounds like it might just work, too.

I tuck them (two at a time) under my belt and shirt so they're right next to my sking. That keeps them about as warm as they need to be and I've not had any trouble in cold weather.

Once the battery is in the quad it keeps warm by simply operating the quad. As your quad is flying, the battery keeps itself warm by doing exactly what it's supposed to do.

Bud

Reactions: picachu
I asked the Mods about this and I was told that since he was a paid advertiser he could do this. I asked why there isn't a special section for advertisers and got no satisfactory answer. In my opinion, I don't think advertising should be permitted in the General discussion section of the Forum.

I'm on a half a dozen or more other forums and never see advertising lumped in with the General Discussion Section on any forum. It's not fair to the members to do this and it should be kept in a separate section.

I also don't appreciate advertising that contains outrageous unproven claims, and when I ask questions about these claims and don't get answers I begin to wonder if there's any truth to the advertising.

For example, apparently he has clients in Antarctica and Alaska that conduct research with a DJI Phantom 4 Pro at Minus 62 Degrees below FREEZING. I simply found this very hard to believe and asked questions about this and received no answer or proof to this claim. I asked about the claim that it keeps water out of the quad and also received no actual proof, just more talk directing me to a video that shows nothing. I asked about the claim that it keeps heat inside the quad. Again I received no proof of this claim either. I asked what tests were conducted and again I received no answers and no proof to substantiate his claims.

If there are clients in Alaska and the Antarctic, wouldn't a testimonial from either or both of these companies be a fantastic promotional item for this product? If it were me, I'd use that kind of advertising in a heartbeat.

That being said, if he's going to advertise a product in the General Discussion section of the forum where everyone can see it, then he should expect to have to answer questions with proof that back up his claims. Since I didn't get the answers to my questions I'm left wondering if there's any truth at all to the claims he makes about the product. I mean, don't we expect truth in advertising from all advertisers everywhere?

Bud

Bud
What I was told by a mod was that his paid advertiser status gives him the privilege to start his own threads and sell in those threads as he wants. Fair enough as it allows us to just ignore the thread. However I was left with a distinct impression that jumping on other people's threads to sell is still frowned upon. But I guess it's a grey area. If the product answers the OP question then I feel it's fair game. But then that slippery slope has to be watched to avoid overselling on someone's thread. I'm not saying that was or wasn't done here. But I didn't want the impression left that a paid advertiser has carte Blanche to spam any thread they want. I guess if we think that's happening we can still report the thread and let the mods sort it out.

And I do agree we deserve credible answers to advertising claims made in discussion posts. The price of advertising in a *discussion* I guess. ;)

Reactions: Matchlock
Hi,

I think your comment about interfering with an existing thread is quite valid. I'm pretty much done anyway as I didn't get any satisfaction from him but if he does jump into another active thread and try to sell his product, then he can expect I'll be asking a lot more questions.

Bud

What I was told by a mod was that his paid advertiser status gives him the privilege to start his own threads and sell in those threads as he wants. Fair enough as it allows us to just ignore the thread. However I was left with a distinct impression that jumping on other people's threads to sell is still frowned upon. But I guess it's a grey area. If the product answers the OP question then I feel it's fair game. But then that slippery slope has to be watched to avoid overselling on someone's thread. I'm not saying that was or wasn't done here. But I didn't want the impression left that a paid advertiser has carte Blanche to spam any thread they want. I guess if we think that's happening we can still report the thread and let the mods sort it out.

And I do agree we deserve credible answers to advertising claims made in discussion posts. The price of advertising in a *discussion* I guess. ;)

Today I went out and flew in cold (0 celcius), heavy, wet Snow. Although the AC got a bit wet and the camera lens got gummed up with snow, everything went fine.

My fingers got a bit cold and the transmitter was getting a bit wet until I used my transmitter mitt on the second flight. I had bought it last winter to help keep my hands warm on cold windy days but it worked great for the wet snow too.

Chris

IMG_1541799514.046478.jpg

Reactions: Matchlock
Good grief, Chris, you went out in the wet snow and freezing cold and flew your drone without one of those wet-soot thingies? Well, I guess that's the end of that drone isn't it? Oh well, at least you had fun with it, once. Too bad and I hope you have another great flight in the snow again real soon.

Bud

Today I went out and flew in cold (0 celcius), heavy, wet Snow. Although the AC got a bit wet and the camera lens got gummed up with snow, everything went fine.

My fingers got a bit cold and the transmitter was getting a bit wet until I used my transmitter mitt on the second flight. I had bought it last winter to help keep my hands warm on cold windy days but it worked great for the wet snow too.

Chris

View attachment 105169

Well, they are calling for heavy snow early Saturday morning with accumulations of up to 10cm. Should make for some beautiful shots, BUT winds are forecasted at 70 a 80 km/h ☹️. Time to get the snow blower ready.

Chris

Hi,

I think your comment about interfering with an existing thread is quite valid. I'm pretty much done anyway as I didn't get any satisfaction from him but if he does jump into another active thread and try to sell his product, then he can expect I'll be asking a lot more questions.

Bud

Hey bud this is Coal Akida , Im one of the team members and the owner of Phantom Rain, my hope is I can tone this down some as is seems to be escalating into some kind of hatred .

With that said I would like to go back just a few months into a fantastic conversation you and I had personally , not a team member but myself where I spoke to you.

We spoke about the Power going out and you came to my rescue with some excellent information about the the CYBERPOWER 1500 and I Immediately trusted you and went to costco that day and got the next size model up.

The conversation continued and you asked if I already had a battery charged and ready to go when storms came up and if I was leaving my batteries charged the entire time.

, I said I would be glad to help you with that and I took a picture of my setup and posted it for you .

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 10.00.04 PM.png

was thrilled with how you solved a problem for me and you for me.
You wished me continued success on my ventures with the Phantom Rain and I was still thank full and was considering as I have done with many on this forum sending you a wet suit for truly helping me, but something happened that changed all that in seconds..

I have asked the moderators to help me find the old posts and I will post some of them but there a lot of post between us maybe 20 or 30 , but we managed to get a few from the old posts.

With that said I am struggling a bit with this. I was asked to ignore your posts along with others folløwing in your foot steps meaning those that have no interest, those that make no money with there drones..

If you do not like the claims, there are 5000 other people that can speak that have a product from us , but you do not have it, you do not own it, you do not understand it and you never had any interest in it. So I struggle with this .

You brought up a valid point about Testimonials, however in not interested what others can do, as I am only interested in what we can show on VIDEO , Testimonials can be faked, Video not so much,

Because we are so transparent if we FAIL we are going to let you know, Like it or not the videos are powerful because many of them are done on the spur of the moment , not all planned out. .

We have testimonials , We have Praise, We have huge orders from companies, but we prefer to just post videos of what our phantoms can do...

So my team sees your gun pointed at us now on every post, and as the owner of Phantom Rain and trying to be as Transparent as possible with the group by posting real videos , I am asking you to let those that have the product , and use the products to speak about it.. THAT IS FAIR

Now I am going to post these picture as we went thru a lot of trouble to get them and this is what I am struggling with the most is how your tone changed.. with a product you never had any interest in at all.

. This is how we started and how **** thank full I was.
Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 10.44.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 10.46.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-09 at 10.47.04 PM.png

We had some crazy storms the next week , the CYBER saved me and by the time I got back to you to offer my reward , I saw the HATE coming thru loud and clear.

Now I am asking to just tone it down, No more questions about something you dont have any interest in as you have made me and my team very clear on that and speaking to others about something you do not have is wrong.

Let me end this again by saying Thank you for the Best Tip I ever got on this forum but please please STOP>

Phantomrain.org
Coal Akida
Owner.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hey all - @PhantomWetSuits is an approved vendor and we've worked with him to ensure that he is staying on-topic and answering legitimate questions in the forum vs just advertising. In this case, I think he was just fine answering questions and some of the members even appreciated his posts. If you have a problem with him then simply click the "ignore" button on his profile and you won't see anything about him. If you continue to harass him or any other members on this forum then you will receive a warning. Please PM me directly if you have any issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak