'Wibble Wobble' Effect in Video

Reaction score
Hello

Just reviewing video from a long day out with drone. Some have been spoiled by what I can only describe as a 'wibble wobble' jelly type effect.

I have had problems in past with 'prop shadows' when flying towards the sun. However this was different. I was flying facing away from the sun, plus the sunlight was quite weak at the time.

Any ideas what the problem is?

This is my 2nd Phantom in 3 weeks, returned the first one after it lost radio signal at 65 feet. I'm not having much luck here!

[EDIT] Looks like it's quite a common issue, here is a Youtube video of someone else with same problem:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Another 'Jello Phantom' video:

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello,
There are a couple things to consider,
1) props perfectly balanced?
2) props not damaged in any way
3) official DJI PROPS?
4) props TRACKING the same
5) anti-jello balls damaged, or loose
6) sand or debris in gimbal joints.
7) loose connection?

Any of these things can cause problems in video.
As for the TRACKING, check each prop tip, distance from phantom shell, then spin prop 180 degrees, other tip should be the same ( up and down ) believe it or not, this can cause a deviation in balance as well, in other words, if one tip is bent upwards, and other is level, they will track different, and cause a disruption of air flow.

Please check all the items above, and see if all is good?
Hope this helps.

J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi J Dot

Thanks for the ideas. I've just checked the drone, and all the above in your list seem 'ok.' Searching through Youtube, this seems a common problem.

There are various ideas on what the issue is, and if I find a successful solution, I will post it here.

Here is an interesting video on the possible cause and fix for the 'jello effect.' I don't have the right screwdriver set just now, so this will need to wait for another day:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31