White specs on image

Reaction score
Taking still images with my P3P in dng format, I find on processing that the whole image is cover in wry small white spots of varying size and density. Even more noticeable on HDR processed through Macphun Aurora. The lens is clean, so otherwise my thoughts turn to a faulty sensor, or hot spots. They do not appear to be always in the same place somhotspots are less favourable. No it was not snowing on the day either, nor rain etc. I cannot see them on the movies either.
Any thoughts please guys? It is not a major problem as I have Photoshop , but I could do without the extra work.

Many thanks

Mike

Just a question: do you have enough light on the lens?

If the white spots are moving then I doubt if sensor is at fault. Have you checked your SD card writing capability?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The card is the best Lexie card you can buy. Light was absolutely no problem as it was a very sunny day near noon. I had thought initially it was something in the air but it has happened every time I have been out.
I used to get dark spots on my dslr because dust got in whilst changing lenses but these are white. I have one vague possibility which is quite off the wall and that they are salt crystals being blown off the sea which was very close. Up around 100m where the drone often is, there is quite an on shore wind. I can test the theory by going inland on a quiet day.

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers