white speckles all over images

Reaction score
Hi I have just come to use my P4 after a couple of months and find that I have white spots, like noise, over all of my images. Have checked that the lens is clean so its not dust or anything on the lens.

Can some kind person point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Attachments

• DJI_0324.jpg
    DJI_0324.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 215
Yes, I have seen this I actually something similar on my P3A.

I was taking some sunset shots this evening...…………...
On this thread a had posted a video, if you want to see it I will look for it.

Do a search for speckles, not a word that is used a lot ;) .

And know I haven't tried to fix mine yet. ;)

Rod

Hi I have just come to use my P4 after a couple of months and find that I have white spots, like noise, over all of my images. Have checked that the lens is clean so its not dust or anything on the lens.

Can some kind person point me in the right direction please?

Thanks
I experience this issue quite often. Replacing the ribbon cable takes care of it. For some reason it is usually in "video" mode only and not in "photo" mode. Must be some sort of degradation in the chemistry of the ribbon.
Hope this helps.
Jim

@Alex in Devon
I absolutely agree with @jiminyfixit and @WV. Rootman !!
I had a similar problem with my video after a cherry tree grabbed my P4 out of the air. I installed a new OEM RIBBON and that cleared it right up.
NOTE: Make sure you ONLY use a DJI Ribbon Cable! It does cost a little more, but the knock-offs are sketchy.
Post up your results!
Doug

NOTE: This ribbon cable is for a DJI Phantom 4 ONLY!! WILL NOT WORK WITH THE P4 Pro!!
You may get it somewhere else (for less money), but make sure it's the OEM Ribbon Cable, and not a knock off!
Also - here's the YouTube video on how to fix it.

Reactions: RodPad
Be super careful of the clips that hold the gimbal ribbon in place. Lift to open, push to close and don’t use any force or the black lock comes off. Then it gets expensive replacing boards. I know firsthand. Be gentle and use plenty of light.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl