Which filter to use

Reaction score
Just got my polar pro filters in today and Im about to go outside to get a video of sunset. There is only a few clouds in the sky. Which do you guys recommend for the best shot, the polarized, the 2 stop filter, or the 3 stop filter?

I have yet to purchase some for my P3P however a sunset scene will be a non harsh light so the lowest stop would net a better picture. If you 'stop' it way down you are going to get a rather dark image unless you bring it back with overexposure which is a little counter intuitive. I would use the higher stop filters for super bright days.

For me- Sunset usually 2 stop (ND4). Here is a brief summary of when to use

Polarizer Filter: The polarizer filter helps enhance aireal videos by reducing the amount of light reflecting off the ground, sky, or water. Removing this reflecting light allows the Phantom 3 to capture beautifully saturated colors and improves contrast.

2-Stop Neutral Density: This 2-stop neutral density (ND) filter is the middle shade used for filming on mildly bright days i.e. party cloudy, or the golden hours. This filter helps remove highlights as well as reduces lens flare when shooting into the sun. This is the most commonly used of the two ND filters.

3-Stop Neutral Density: The 3-stop ND is the darkest shade and should be used on very bright days. This filter helps prevent lens flare, and reduces any mild rolling shutter. This filter also slows the shutter speed enough to blur the props on the Phantom 3 when they are in frame.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31