what will happen if i put unbalanced props on my phantom?

Re: what will happen if i put unbalanced props on my phantom

Varying degrees of wobble, drift and other minor aerodynamic instability. It can also take a toll on your motors, depending on how badly unbalanced they are.

ok because i got new rotors and they said that they were balanced. but when i tried flying with them it was like the phantom was blacked out drunk. very minimal amount of control, nerve racking

Even props that claim to be pre-balanced should be checked. However, that might not be the only factor at play here. What props did you have on before, and what are you using now? Changes in prop size, pitch, etc can also affect the previous stability and may require changes to the gains settings.

i had regular white plastic 9443 on it which worked great, but i broke one and bought carbon fiber 9443. and well it didnt work out too well

Even moving from standard props to carbon fiber in the same size can change handling characteristics, but I'd still start with balancing your new blades...unless you paid $30/pair or more the odds that they're truly pre-balanced is pretty low.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl