What tablet?

Reaction score
Hello fellow enthusiasts,

Just received my P3 Advanced and apparently my Surface tablet isn't compatible w/the Pilot app, or is it?

If not, what tablet would be the best recommendation?

I appreciate your replies,

MD

Surface is a windows device running Windows 8. You want an android or apple tablet.

I just bought a new Samsumg Tab S because its really bright and really like it.

Got it!...Thank you
Old Osc
Bought the Galaxy s for the same reason, had problems downloading pilot app >think it was due to poor Bandwidth (1.1mg in west cornwall) managed it better when I moved to a Friend with only a bit more (2.5m) it says on I down app from 14 tpril, now see a 16th April available.
Getting my P 3 this afternoon.
will post
bye the way any advice on flying without wifi most my travel in Europe outside wifi hotspots.
thanks

Out of curiosity has any one tried any asus tablets yet?????? I have an asus nemo 7 and was able to install the app no problem and use what ever things it will let you do with out being connected to the phantom. BUT being I dont have my bird yet I cant be sure it will work or not. and was wondering if any one knows. I'm thinking that being it let me install it that it "might" work. Being that all the other phantoms models aps wont even let you install them on a devise that it just will not work at all with.

Old Osc
Bought the Galaxy s for the same reason, had problems downloading pilot app >think it was due to poor Bandwidth (1.1mg in west cornwall) managed it better when I moved to a Friend with only a bit more (2.5m) it says on I down app from 14 tpril, now see a 16th April available.
Getting my P 3 this afternoon.
will post
bye the way any advice on flying without wifi most my travel in Europe outside wifi hotspots.
thanks
I think the only concern for no wifi would be with the software updates DJI comes out with...I already got one two days after the initial download of the Pilot app. Apparently you wanna stay up on those or you could run into problems down the road.

Just cache the maps for the area you will be flying before you leave if you don't have cellular service or a cell phone to use as a hotspot. Wi-fi is not actually needed to fly as far as I know, and firmware updates are not always necessarily a good thing. It is always better to wait a bit before installing the latest firmware, let others be the test subjects in case of any unforeseen bugs, etc.
As for as tablets go, I have been using an Nvidia Shield and loving it, not one single problem so far. It also has a built in screen recording feature that is especially nice, and you just can hardly beat the processing speed. Just make sure to get an anti-reflective screen protector and you are good to go.

Hi,
I have read on the forum that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 lite (I assume this is model SM-T111) works with the DJI GO APP. I purchased the Samsung Galaxy 3 Lite VE (model SM-T113) - not sure of the exact difference between the two. However, when I go to download the app onto the SM-t113 it says it is not compatible. It runs Android 4.4.4 so I had assumed it would work.
I updated the software on the tablet and still the same result - the app is not compatible.
Has anyone else tried this tablet and if so, have they found a way to get it to work?
Cheers.

I've tried Asus, Samsung, and now the Nvidia Shield K1 which is the fastest and I like it best.

I tried a few older tablets. Even bought a Samsung tab 4. It just had some lag when high or gimble.

I ended up going Ipad air 2. Works great and has good support. Hard part with android is so many devices hard to say whole working list, and some work like my tab 4 but have more lag then I like.

I use an iPad mini 4 and an iPhone 6 to fly and fast edit the recorded video.

Inc
Yes. Every Android device on the planet has built in GPS (except the Fire tablet, which is not something you'd fly with anyway)
Incorrect.

Not every android tablet has GPS. Most do, yes. The tabs the granddaughters got for Christmas ($80 walmart specials) do not. I checked.

Inc

Incorrect.

Not every android tablet has GPS. Most do, yes. The tabs the granddaughters got for Christmas ($80 walmart specials) do not. I checked.
Sorry I should have been more specific. Any Android tablet that isn't a Walmart special has GPS.

The secret to succeed with any device is if the processor is powerful enough. My Tab 4 worked okay for one battery flights but got overheated when I tried to fly 2 or more batteries back to back. My Tab S2 has flown 5 batteries with no problems. (BTW - Tab 4 has GPS but I don't think it has its own compass. )

NVIDIA SHIELD K1 is on my radar screen for purchase. As are a few sub $150 tabs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.