What should i do to flight with autoflight logic?

Reaction score
I am a New p3p owner and a boatbuilder. It is hard to chase a boat or orbit, follow a boat. Could somebody tell step by step to use autoflight logic app? What firmware should i use? Etc.

I am a New p3p owner and a boatbuilder. It is hard to chase a boat or orbit, follow a boat. Could somebody tell step by step to use autoflight logic app? What firmware should i use? Etc.
Not familiar with that app-- ?? don't believe I have heard about it on this forum.

If you are on the boat then you could use the follow me function that is on some of the third part apps. If your not on the boat then you only have FPV flying and trying to keep up by OSD.

If you are on the boat then you could use the follow me function that is on some of the third part apps. If your not on the boat then you only have FPV flying and trying to keep up by OSD.
Are there any third party apps that are not beta?? I don't believe there are any available for the P3 that are released-- you have to have the SDK firmware authorized b DJI to run these beta applications.

I Will on the boat. So p3 can track RC or ios device. Should i trt beta or wait for the Final releases?

I Will on the boat. So p3 can track RC or ios device. Should i trt beta or wait for the Final releases?
If you don't know the answer to that question, then I would suggest waiting--
https://www.youtube.com/user/IrixGuy
this guy has a lot of boating vids and how to's regarding flying from boats-- might be worth your time to watch a couple of them so you don't have flyways or wind up in the drink.
It can be done and it looks like fun, but there are risks that you should be aware of.
Cheers:)

Reactions: onderion
My firmware is still 1.1.9. So, I should download flights school 1.04.0001.bin firmware from this link [WIKI]http://autoflightlogic.com/beta/autopilotdji/flightschool?aircraft=4&level=0[/WIKI] and then install autoflight logic app from appstore and start to use it. Thats it, right?

Hi onderion, the app in the store is their older version. Don't buy that it is not for the P3.
You need to register with autoflightlogic so you get the beta driver that allows you to download the current build. We are now on build 29.

Contact autoflightlogic, they may allow you to test.:)

For those that are looking for walk through videos and demos of how to use the Autoflight Logic Autopilot software, please check out this playlist:

Autopilot Tutorials - YouTube

In addition to an overview video, there are walk through videos of the UI, how to use Focus and most recently the Orbit feature.

I'll be releasing a video on Zip Line and Hover next, and follow after that. It will help you with your boat project.

Are there any specific dedicated forums for users of AutoPilot to exchange tips, information and help? I've only been using Autopilot for a few days. I've gone through all of the tutorials and flight school and I'm amazed by the capabilities and flexibility of the software. Understandably, the trade off for this much flexibility, is simplicity - but Auto Flight Logic has done an admirable job of masking that complexity by hiding it under "Basic", "Intermediate" and "Advanced" tabs in their interface!

I'm convinced that there is nothing that this software can't do! The only thing that limits what can be accomplished is your imagination!

At $40 (CAD), AutoPilot was a steal! Flight school and the tutorials cover all of the advanced functionality very well, but the documentation and tutorials seems to be a little bit light on the basics. There are some pretty simple thing's that aren't covered - and are probably obvious or thought to be common knowledge - but I'll be damned if I can figure some of them out.

Where can I go to ask questions about using the Autopilot software from Auto Flight Logic? Or to get help and give help?

Here are some of the questions I have about using the Autopilot software:

1. If I just want to fly around and explore like I sometimes do with DJI Go, how do I:
A) Automatically take off?
B) Start and stop recording video?
C) Take a picture?
D) Ensure that the flight path, date/time, location and telemetry get added to my Flight Log in the DJI Go app? (Including the lower-res photos and videos)

2. How do I combine functions in a waypoint flight? For example, let's say I want to fly from A to B and then Orbit B twice, then fly to C and Orbit it once, then fly to D and create a 360 degree panorama and then finally fly to E, then F, G and back to A....?

I have plenty more questions - and although I realize I use stated that there is "nothing this software can't do" - I also have plenty of enhancement requests that would make this software even better for all of us! If there isn't currently a dedicated forum for AutoPilot users - what needs to happen to get one created?

Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Try to answer your question. Please note I'm a relatively new autopilot user. When I have question I wrote on official autopilot facebook page or on italian autopilot group on facebook (yes, I'm from Italy and then my english is bad, so apologize me).

1. If I just want to fly around and explore like I sometimes do with DJI Go, how do I:

If you want to fly around and explore, use DJI Go. This is my hint.

A) Automatically take off?

there isn't auto take off in autpilot.

B) Start and stop recording video?

press the little record button in the flight dashboard. Also you can set to start the video when a mission is engaged. And stop when the mission end.

C) Take a picture?

Again. Use DJI GO app. You can change all the shot parameters.

D) Ensure that the flight path, date/time, location and telemetry get added to my Flight Log in the DJI Go app? (Including the lower-res photos and videos)

Don't know. I'm sorry.

2. How do I combine functions in a waypoint flight? For example, let's say I want to fly from A to B and then Orbit B twice, then fly to C and Orbit it once, then fly to D and create a 360 degree panorama and then finally fly to E, then F, G and back to A....?

Would be nice but you can't at the moment. Maybe with the next release where you can create circle and grid waypoint.

I have plenty more questions - and although I realize I use stated that there is "nothing this software can't do" - I also have plenty of enhancement requests that would make this software even better for all of us! If there isn't currently a dedicated forum for AutoPilot users - what needs to happen to get one created?

Try to write on facebook page. Your improvements (say combined flight with waypoint, orbit etc) would be very nice.

Last edited:
@CC8877 Thanks for your reply.

I've tested the Orbit, Follow and Waypoint features so far and I really like what the software lets me do.

Here's a 90 second video of my test using AutoPilot's "Follow" mode and an "Airspace" device.
For this test, I installed the Airspace app on my iPhone 6s and configured Autopilot to follow it instead of my RC/iPad (which is your only option with DJI Go). I set the drone altitude to 35m and the distance to 20m to my "Right". The drone followed me fairly well for the entire 5 minute drive - but can you explain why it lets me get so far ahead of it at one point and why it doesn't faithfully keep to my right as I had programmed it to? I was only driving about 30km/h so it should have been able to keep up. Have you used follow yet?
(The YouTube link is now working for me from the forum post for this video. Search for this on the YouTube site itself: "yv-pEMamPSc")
yv-pEMamPSc

Here's another video I made using the Autopilot Waypoints - 42 of them to be exact! From the moment I engaged the Waypoint Mission - from about 1km away - everything else was automatic! The drone flew from the mainland across to the island, then started recording and yawed the drone 275 degrees while flying sideways along the path I had programmed offline the night before.

I lost connection at about Waypoint number 28 because the drone went around a small corner and was blocked by trees. At that point I aborted the mission and engaged RTH. But look how incredibly smooth the video is. I did not do any editing to the video before uploading it except for trimming the end of it. I can't express strongly enough how awesome I think this software is!!! (I'm ordering the ITEDBS02 antenna mod specifically to finish filming this island. I don't need much extra distance - but I do need to penetrate the trees - especially for doing try back side of the island.)

Do you have any videos online that you've made with Autopilot? If so - would you mind sharing a link? I'm interested in seeing what other normal people have done with the Autopilot/Phantom 3 combination.

Last edited:
Autopilot enhancement request:

Arena Mode
I would like to be able to define an area on the map that the drone is restricted to stay within. The borders of the area could be defined with an interface similar to the one used to place Waypoints.
Within this area, I would like to be able to create a 3D "obstacle map"! Once again, the existing mechanism for creating a POI could be used to define obstacles - simply define a center point, a radius and an altitude to define obstacles within the "arena" - and finally, to complete my arena, I'd want to be able to define a floor and a ceiling.

After I take off, enter the arena and engage this feature - the functionality I require would be simple. Under no circumstances should the drone be allowed to leave the arena, travel through a defined obstruction, or fly higher or lower than the ceiling or floor! If would also be awesome if arenas could be shared online with other users that might want to fly in the same area!

If I took the time to create an accurate arena for an area I fly in regularly, it would make flying so much less stressful. I'd be happy to let my 10 year old son have a couple of minutes with the remote - and finally, I'd like to be able to enable my arena in conjunction with any of the other flight modes - so that I don't (for example) have to worry about an "orbit" that follows a moving person gets a little too close to a tree or house.

The concept for this - and even the interface for defining everything I've asked for would be extremely easy to do based on re-use of the editing tools already available for Waypoint creation. But now hard would it be to create the always active software that would enforce the "no fly zone" around my defined obstacles? I really want this feature.

Does anyone else think that this would be useful or popular if it existed? More importantly - would a feature like that help to convince you to choose Autopilot over some of the other 3rd party software and actually spend $25? (If enough of you say "yes" maybe that will help to convince them to do this....)

Reactions: 74wj61m3m4ueg2hi
@Tenly ask them on facebook page.

Also I'm sorry but I'm not able to see your video nor I have a youtube channel to show you some autopilot mission I have done. In my flight I use it to compose my final 'story'. Not for a long path record.

Hope you understand what I mean, but I don't have a complete video mission but a sum of missions.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj