What do you use for LAANC transactions in CS?

Reaction score
HI. Before you mention a forum search let me say I have read about using Kittyhawk and/or AirMap but KH only works in CS if you PAY for membership and with AM you have to work around Google Play Services. I tried AM but it keeps shutting down when I try to submit the flight plan (tried several times and rebooted).
My questions: 1- Is there another alternative that will work in CS? 2- Do I need to keep banging my head on the wall to get AM to work? 3- Anybody know if DJI is working on a native app that will allow for LAANC transactions considering how large their USA customer base is?
TIA

I love my CrystalSky. Do wish that Drone Deploy would work on it, but not yet. The best part about CS is it doesn't crash; probably because of the limited allowance for outside apps, so I'll just deal with it. I have AirMap and KittyHawk on my Samsung Note 10. Use the Note 10 for a hotspot anyway so it's really not an inconvenience.

If filing the LAANC authorization request is all you need from it, why not D/L it to your phone? Same app, but no need for the CS workaround.

Reactions: TontoFAC
Maybe with this new release of the P4P, dji may think about allowing outside apps to work. The P4P v2.0 is a great drone, but the built-in screen on the RC is a major drawback if you wanted to use it for mapping or hoping for an all in one device for LAANC and other current apps that are not able to work on a CS monitor.

Reactions: RickMz

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31